Font Identification Request: Resolved

I really like this font, it's got all of the nice features of Myriad, but a little softer (notice the slopes). And it's a nice weight, slightly lighter than a Myriad Black.

I tried Identifont, but it came up with ITC Legacy, which is definitely not it :-).

Thank you in advance!

Interstate (Fontbureau), Expressway (Typodermic) and Roadgeek 2005 Series C (Michael Adams) come rather close. But no perfect match I'm afraid.

Edit kk:

And there is of course the BlueHighway (Larabie). Also close. Also no match.

Looks much like Taz Extra Bold. I can smell Luc de Groot work from miles :)

[size=36][color=red]Bingo![/color][/size] If it where not for the g ...

Ummm, I was referring to Allpoint only...the smaller text below looks to me like Interstate, but I assume you already tested it.

Hi. I think it is the same type. But for the logo the Taz certainly fits the bill. Better than the Interstate.

That is amazing!

How in the world are you able to do this, with such precision no less?! Do you have an application that aids in the process?

Taz looks great, and you're right, Interstate looks a bit off, partially because of the steeper slopes.

Thanks again, and please let me know if there is a technique I should be used to help myself before bothering the forum :-)..

Several applications. First of all the eye-brain coordination; remembering. When this does not work I know at least in which direction to search. Most if not all typefaces have something that is not found in others. In this case the slopes on the stems - which is not that uncommon. What is more uncommon is the angle of the slopes and the shape of the lower case g.

First impression is that two faces of the same type are used. So I go for that uncommon g, which I remember as Interstate and - thus - Roadgeek. Not happy with slopes of the stems I run a match. First I sort of restore the text so that it can be used for shape recognition. Because of the typical shape of the g it does not need to be perfect.

I run a match on wtf (What the font). A quick and dirty way to find a match for many commercial fonts. Best match; indeed, Interstate. Because of the shape of the g the Taz does not show. As I already rejected the Interstate I run a match locally to see whether there is something else. Not as quick as wtf, takes about 20 minutes, but accurate. Again the same fonts.

What did I do wrong? I assumed the two types to be the same. Jumping into conclusions ... never a good thing ...

Edit kk: Not to worry, you are not bothering the forum.

Well, I use almost the same curve - but in case with Taz - that's one of my all-time favourites, that's why I didn't wondered long. And I definitely think that the small type is Interstate Regular Condensed :)

Apart from that, being a smartass always helps - I searched for allpoint, found their website, downloaded the PDF brochure that's on their homepage, opened it with Adobe Reader, which told me that they're using Interstate - simple as that.

File - Properties - Fonts

Ivan - that is genius. Thank you for this tip!

Koeiekat - I still think that is amazing that you can keep that many unique characters in your head. Taking you advice, I went through my entire collection and tried to find unique letters, then attempted to refer back to them. Sadly, this did not work. I am going to keep working on this, now that you've given me some great tips!

Just one question. When you say you run a search "locally", what do you mean? Do you have a program that searches based on samples? I once found a shareware application along these lines (somewhere on download.com); however, I wasn't able to get it to work.

Thank you all, again, for such great insight!

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing