Would 210kb be considered too large for a single font file, taking into consideration that the font is of a decorative style such as the pictured LT Chickenhawk, and contains over 300 total glyphs ?

My fonts are typically much smaller in size than that, but after updating the aforementioned LT Chickenhawk, that's where I am at... but that size seemed a bit on the heavy side to me.

What have you done? Added capitals? And what else? Kerning an bearings does not add much to the file size, that is only metrics.

hmmm ..

the uppercase characters are included in the font, but they are the same as the lowercase...

this new version contains about 500 kerning pairs or so, but I have seen fonts that include many more than that, that* are also far more complex yet still considerably smaller in size.

... now that I think about it, 210kb is much too large a file size for such a relatively simple font as this. I'll have to do something about that before publishing the update.

thanks kk.

Soon I hope to update all of my fonts proper, whence I become more acquainted with my newly acquired *yay!* FontLab! So excited! :)

*Even with a comma in-between, I really dislike using the same word twice in succession, apologies :P

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing