reply   forum
    v magazine
    ark
    Oct 12th, 2009 / quote / 80.204.*.2*
    Hello,
    can you identify font used in V magazine? Thanks. You can facebook me to Arkadi Fomintsev or e-mail me to arkadif[at] yahoo.it . hear you soon!)

Ark
    site moderator Schwalbenkoenig
    Oct 12th, 2009 / quote / 83.65.*.3*
    Rule # 1: No sample – no ID.

And we don’t send anything, buster.
    site moderator koeiekat
    Oct 12th, 2009 / quote / 81.32.*.1*
    what is a v magazien anyway? edible?
    ark
    uploaded image
    here's a sample, I mean the font used for writing "The Beauty Issue" caption, Arial or Helvetica super condensed.. but what is exactly and where to find it?
    Try Knockout from H+FJ.
    ark
    oh I love it! THANK YOU! I guess I'll buy it!
    If you happen to see smth similar elsewhere-please drop me a line.
    ark
    I guess Knockout n26 i pretty similar. I don't need anything else. Isn't $169 for one font are a little too much?
    Well, humm, I don’t judge the pricerange of foundries. But at H+F you'll get fonts with the highest qualities. Aaaaand each knockout-weight has a name inspired by the boxing and wrestling jargon. Where else could you get things like that?
    ark
    yeah.. sure.. cool. I guess they are fine people.
    though honestly if these fonts had no names at all and were cheeper or free I would feel even more happy. Are there any alternatives? I think there should be - this is quite a simple font.
    site moderator neogrey
    Oct 13th, 2009 / quote / 87.97.*.2*
    @Arkadi: this is quite a simple font.

That is highly unprofessional statement - and if you EVER tried to produce a typeface, you'd know that this is something far from simple or easy task.
    ark
    Oct 14th, 2009 / quote / 80.204.*.2*
    no offense dude. Sure it's a fine art. just ment that.. may be there are some alternatives to Knockout from H+FJ could be found, what do you think?
    site moderator koeiekat
    Oct 14th, 2009 / quote / 83.32.*.4*
    Pick one. Free!
    ark
    thanks for helping! Nimbus looks similar. $36.
    ark
    I found "Agleucr.ttf" - nice thing, practically 99% same as V magazine. "S" letter is somewhat different and overall less stretched in height.

someone also pointed me http://new.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont - nice tool too.. well may be you know.

Thanks guys!
    site moderator neogrey
    Oct 14th, 2009 / quote / 87.97.*.2*
    but of course, the font you choose for $40 has nothing to do with the typeface you were looking for. Nimbus looks like Univers Condensed and is nothing like Knockout.

and of course, we're well aware of WTF existence.
    woodpecker758
    Oct 14th, 2009 / quote / 74.127.*.3*
    You could try using a font like Trade Gothic Bold Condensed #20.
    Fernsansexternal link
    Jun 24th, 2010 / quote / 76.168.*.5*
    uploaded image
    I found that "sign gothic bold condensed" & "triple condensed gothic" are almost the same

As you can see they are 99% similar however the "E" on triple condensed is a bit wider and the "I" on sign gothic has serifs. You could combine both typefaces together to get an exact copy.

Register and/or login to access this feature.

Login

Email
    Password
      Forgot password?