Hi there,

Just need some advice. I really don't know much about how fonts work, so bare with me. I have created a simple cover to a resource guide from a glyph Chyld font family. I tried to convert the file to a PDF in In-Design CS4, and when I do, I get an error message as follows:

"This font could not be embedded due to licensing restrictions in the font. A subsitute will be used if it supports the glyph used in the restricted font."

I really would like to used this font, and would be willing to pay for it, except I cannot find it anywhere on the web where it has licensing options etc. I have even tried emailing the author (Graham Meade) of the font, but his email came back with a failed delivery notification.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

a glyph Chyld font family ? Help me out, what do you mean? Which font do you want to use?

Edit kk:

OK, got it. It is that GemFonts dingbat.

Chyld has restricted license embedding: No embedding allowed, font may not be embedded in a document/pdf/...

So - legally - you are stuck.

You have 2 options; 1. do not embed the dingbat but pack it together with the pdf and tell to (temporarily) install before opening the pdf, or, 2. - not so legal - change the embedding setting before making the pdf.

Thinking about this, bit strange putting these embedding restrictions on a freebee ...

or 3) you can convert all type to outlines BEFORE exporting to PDF :)

Yes, but more complicated. I'd opt for embedding ...

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing