hey sorry i didnt understand your font submision system... thought i had to updload fonts in zips individually.... sorry bout that submitted Champagne &Limousines different weights & styles... the one that best fits for display would be Champagne & Limousines regular of course sorry about that

OK, submitted all of my free and free for personal use fonts... feel free to add any of them to your site . ~Lauren

Thanks Lauren for uploading. When I read your blog I was tempted to suggest but ... history ... and did not want to do so without your consent.

@Alex: can you approve these asap? There is some good stuff there.

Thank you :) Yeah, sorry we all got off on the wrong foot.

Interesting to see things to work out in the end.

Sorry I was swamped with another series of 1000000 fonts that Ivan submitted. Thanks bro!

I'm about to head out to play hockey so i will finish approving the remainder of your fonts Lauren tonight/tomorrow.

One thing though, since those are your fonts you can/should set the designer, license, add them to categories etc.

Glad you stuck around.

Awesome awesome. I'm glad too :)

I did notice something though, for some reason my fonts aren't listed together, when I go to the 'my home' it shows that I have four fonts:

-lt white fang (which btw says unknown but I know thats an easy fix)

-lt sweet nothings

-lt chickenhawk

-Champagne & Limousines

But when you click on my name in the list of designers it shows again four fonts:

- lt sweet nothings

- lt chickenhawk

-champagne & limousines

-lt nutshell library

Could this be corrected so that both areas include all fonts maybe? When you get a chance though.

Since I can admit this now, (now that I'm not little miss scorned) you should know... I do think this is a pretty swell site.

I even "tweeted" about it so that the word is out there, he he.

~Lauren

Re: Champagne & Limousines.

The only thing that bugs me in that geometric sans is your decision to make some glyphs way smaller than the others. Speaking of small "v","k", "m" and so on. When paired together with other characters they somehow get lost in the flow...especially the "v". I assume that was your idea of making an unique font, that is somewhat similar to Avant Garde... but it somehow itching me :)

Lauren, many of the pages on this site are cached and are updated a couple of times/day. So if there is a discrepancy in listings it will go away within 24 hrs. If it doesn't let me know.

Also, since i received your license suggestions i discovered that there was a bug that prevented you from editing some/all of the things i said you should. It should be fixed now and you should be able to edit details of the fonts you uploaded. Let me know if you can't.

Thank you for your help. I will let you know if I have any more troubles.

Yes, what you noticed was intentional, all similar glyphs a,b,d,p,q have the the same amount of ascension above the x height and desension below the baseline.

I just played with this feature & ran with it throughout the font. Yes, it was intended to be a part of it's unique identity. Truly an "experiment," as I refer to my dabbling in making fonts.

But I agree, though I meticulously edited & designed this font, this feature gives it an undesirable uneven appearance at some weights/ styles /settings.

I'm sure you are familiar with the round overshoot technique; rounded letters like the capital O should slightly larger than the average height of the other capitals to counter-act the fact that it's rounded shape gives it the allusion that it is smaller. I took this design rule and exaggerated it.(reason for describing that this "sweet" font "doesn't adhere to old rules")

It is a unique characteristic, but had I not done this.... I'm sure Champagne & Limousines would be even more lovely.

Also, Champagne & Limousines Bold adds an alternate look to normal, rather than emphasis. In bodies of text, there's not that much variation/contrast between the two (normal & bold). It's more like a "less light" version than a bold style. I recommend using Thick or Thick Bold in bodies of text where bold is needed.

One other thing, I regret that '{' and '[' characters do not extend to the lowercase descenders only to the baseline. That is a mistake. I felt better about that when I saw GeosansLight does the same thing though!

Anyways... thanks again!~Lauren

If Lauren can turn a new leaf here. maybe I will. I just submitted a font, but I didn't see anywhere to set anything up on it.

Post a comment on your freshly uploaded font. And btw, it only get visible after Alex approves it.

well then we must wait.

I just posted one more.

And Kirk - "remember to always speak softly", but there's really no need to carry a big stick :)

welcome back.

dont think i dont still hate you all.

:) thanks for having me!

What's love got to do/

got to do with it?

:)

I'm your private dancer.

Awww snaps!

kirk, do you not see editing options when you click on the font preview?

Like "Edit or Guess" designer, "Edit categories", license, preview text, etc?

You should be able to edit all of those.

Alex, are they up?

they are, but even if they weren't ppl who submit fonts can edit the details before they are up

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing