reply   forum
    Kerning Pairs
    kirksucksexternal link
    Mar 18th, 2009 / quote / 67.102.*.3*
    is there a list of common or suggested kerning pairs anywhere?

I googled to no avail.
    site moderator koeiekat
    Mar 19th, 2009 / quote / 83.32.*.1*
    Proper kerning pairs are done by hand. If you find that too much work - yes it can take many, many, hours - use auto-kerning.
    kirksucksexternal link
    Mar 19th, 2009 / quote / 71.135.*.1*
    I realise they are done by hand. I wasnt looking for a magic auto kerning pair tool.

i was just wondering, for example LT AV are obvious ones but I was thinking that there would somewhere be a list of common ones or typical ones.

Or that there would be a body of text you could use to check your kerning pairs.
    site moderator koeiekat
    Mar 20th, 2009 / quote / 83.32.*.1*
    The kerning depends on the font design so there is no standard set. The way to do it quick and dirty is to find a type that has a similar design as yours - AND proper kerning pairs. Export, and then import the kerning info in your own design. Success not guaranteed. You will still have to adjust.
    As usual: RTFRMF!
    kirksucksexternal link
    Mar 20th, 2009 / quote / 67.102.*.3*
    I think there should be.

pfft.
    tioemexternal link
    Mar 20th, 2009 / quote / 206.169.*.2*
    Read a typography book. Then when you're done with that, read a typography book, and after that, read a typography book, and once you're done with that, flaunt your knowledge on the internet and act like you're doing the world a favor by sharing knowledge of something that holds very little importance in the grand scheme of things.
    site moderator koeiekat
    Pfffffffffffffffffffffffttttt goto http://www.fonttools.org/ goto KernMaster
    kirksucksexternal link
    Mar 20th, 2009 / quote / 67.102.*.3*
    you can eat the KERNels of corn out of my poo.
    site moderator koeiekat
    Kirk - who sucks - start learning to read. When you have mastered that art go here: http://ikern.com/k1/

Register and/or login to access this feature.

Login

Email
    Password
      Forgot password?