Hi, I realize this is a tall order considering there are many custom and proprietary fonts made everyday but I was wondering if there's a font identification tool that can process images to see what font they're using (say if it's a standard windows or photoshop or freetype font, etc)

Something to save time when you have to edit text in an image but you don't have the original image source file...

Thanks

Have a look at Font Matching Tool and Fontmatch (also for apples). You need to have the fonts somewhere on your disk. No need to be installed.

Also, the FontMassive Pack , but it's available in Russian only :)

Thanks for the tips. I'll try those but I don't think it will work in this case. The trouble is that you don't know who edited the original image or in what image editor but you're being asked to match the font and add new text. You weren't about to get paid to update every image on the site to a new font and the image. Used to happen to me all the time at an old job.

Thanks again.

If you need to identify fonts that are NOT on your disk have a look at FontExpert. Only recognizes commercial fonts though.

If all fails, why not ask us?

Will do next time it comes up, thanks.

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing