The people like us, who are in design or development, are often facing a big problem in choosing right font. As the internet has many free download sources so we have thousands of fonts in your PC. Once I used to face problem to find a good front from my huge collection. But it took ages long time as I didn’t have any Font Explorer. Finally I found a cool tool called “FontExpert 2007” and it’s really great. That’s why I wanted to share this cool tool with my friends.

You can easily download it from here: http://www.proximasoftware.com/fontexpert/

And if you have a better one then feel free to share with us :-)

Edited by mod:

The link you gave links to an illegal copy. That is something that is 'not-done' here. I have replaced your link with a link to a legal trial download.

I agree that your opinion.

In my way, i decide the font the first, depending on the project object and the media source (such as posters, book and web).

second, using type style finder (manual book), for deciding color and fonts psychology. It is just guidance for exploring my creativity. -- if the clients have corporate identity their self (including fonts) my job will be easy. But it will challenging my creativity too in the same time.

Third, Preparing the font result and any design components. I usually using one font and to restricting maximum three kind of fonts for each design project.

Fourth, it is very important .... Using your new treatment as the new way :-)

Good design to you

Warmest greeting

Best regards.

What is a type style finder (manual book)? Do you have it? How may I get one to learn more? Thank you.

[quote]@awmasry:I agree that your opinion.

In my way, i decide the font the first, depending on the project object and the media source (such as posters, book and web).

second, using type style finder (manual book), for deciding color and fonts psychology. It is just guidance for exploring my creativity. -- if the clients have corporate identity their self (including fonts) my job will be easy. But it will challenging my creativity too in the same time.

Third, Preparing the font result and any design components. I usually using one font and to restricting maximum three kind of fonts for each design project.

Fourth, it is very important .... Using your new treatment as the new way :-)

Good design to you

Warmest greeting

Best regards.[/quote]

Hello

Dear friend,

I have this one :-)

In the The book (type style finder, ). the author (Timothy Samara) has been separated the colors and fonts theme in four classification (1) Moods (Tranquil, Friendly, Comical, Romantic, Honest, Dynamic, Refreshing, Sinister, sporty, Fragile, Psychotic, Exotic and Intuitive)

(2) Concepts (Corporate, Techno, Urban, Elegant, Artificial, Multicultural, Industrial, Organic, Fantasy, Extreme, Progressive, and powerful)

(3). Time+Context (Archaic, New Age, Medieval, Baroque, Renaissance, Wild West, Victorian, Art Nouveau, Machine Age, Hollywood Heyday, Baby Boomer, and Counterculture)

(4) Age Groups (Babies, Toddlers, Young Adults, Kids, Adults, and Seniors)

This book not only explaining the typeface classification and the basic typestyle combination, but the colors psychology and then generating the color and sample of fonts. It's containing the formal details, of typeface communicate with viewers by igniting emotional responses and associations.

Actually, it is not most recommended book for senior designer. But for quick guidance it is OK. You can find more book in the same kind on the internet.

Thanks.

Hello, again :-)

I find this book here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1592531903/ref=sib_dp_ptu#reader-link

Do you have a soft copy of this book? I also have some design related books. We can share. What do you think?

[quote]@awmasry:Hello

Dear friend,

I have this one :-)

In the The book (type style finder, ). the author (Timothy Samara) has been separated the colors and fonts theme in four classification (1) Moods (Tranquil, Friendly, Comical, Romantic, Honest, Dynamic, Refreshing, Sinister, sporty, Fragile, Psychotic, Exotic and Intuitive)

(2) Concepts (Corporate, Techno, Urban, Elegant, Artificial, Multicultural, Industrial, Organic, Fantasy, Extreme, Progressive, and powerful)

(3). Time+Context (Archaic, New Age, Medieval, Baroque, Renaissance, Wild West, Victorian, Art Nouveau, Machine Age, Hollywood Heyday, Baby Boomer, and Counterculture)

(4) Age Groups (Babies, Toddlers, Young Adults, Kids, Adults, and Seniors)

This book not only explaining the typeface classification and the basic typestyle combination, but the colors psychology and then generating the color and sample of fonts. It's containing the formal details, of typeface communicate with viewers by igniting emotional responses and associations.

Actually, it is not most recommended book for senior designer. But for quick guidance it is OK. You can find more book in the same kind on the internet.

Thanks.[/quote]

I just just have the hard copy.

OK.I will try searching the e-book. But if nothing result anyone

Please let me time for scanning this book.

I have 66 MB for 70 pages from 265 pages or 26 MB Original resources (with separately files).

Please share your mail address or contact me on my web. Because it is personal use, and not for public.

Thank you

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing