Font Identification Request: Resolved
[DEL]

Which font is the «little, brown» one? Do you think the ligatures are an OTF feature or hand drawn?

Give me some time - I know I've seen it before.

[DEL]

*sings*

We have all the time in the world...

No hurry, really. Just something that I banged against and fascinated me: I just need to have it. The kind of feeling once I had for the female of the species and now for typefaces and books. Evolution, says Darwin.

Mrs.Eaves it is I think that you have fallen in love with. Still have to find the 'wn'.

No, it is not Mrs.Eaves I'm afraid. The ligatures are very much the same but your sample is a different typeface. Thought Lars Bergquist might have developed the Baskerville 1757 further, but no. And ... also that one is no match, see the 'e'.

This may be more complicated than I thought. Maybe Ivan knows ...

[DEL]

I'm actually happy, Koeiekat. Mrs. Eaves, you know. It's written: «You shall not covet your neighbor's wife». They're always married, though.

Dankjewel :)

That gives me a sleepless night....and I know EXACTLY how kkat feels...like you know you've seen it before, but....anyway. I did my best with no luck...here are some other characters, but I'm unable to recognize it.

[DEL]

Thanks nonetheless, Ivan :)

Well, the whole thing led me to another fantastic find - the Mercedes Benz corporate materials typeface. Prety similar, although not a match. Take a look at this beauty:

Corporate A Regular

I'm tempted to write to Little, Brown Book and ask :)

[DEL]

Oh well, I must have not submitted the message. I need a rest perhaps.

I wrote, inspired by your confidence in people's kindness, to Little, Brown and the very quick and kind Christine answered me: «The typeface used for our logo was a special design and is not available as a generic typeface».

This closes the case, doesn't it?

No, I don't think so, although I wrote to them as well :) Maybe someone charged them for a commercially available font. The experts at Typophile (waaaaaay better than me) nailed it:

Fountain Alita

See for yourself:

[DEL]

Not only you taught me that there's nice people out there but even people so mischievous that sells commercial fonts as they were made just for the buyer only because they designed a wn ligature.

This forum is a gold mine.

My appreciation to the experts at Typophile and my deepest thanks for the time you dedicated to this quest. In your and Kat's honour, I'll buy this beautiful font.

Happy ... and in love ... but, have you saved enough money?

[DEL]

To need a woman

You´ve got to know

How the strong get weak

And the rich get poor,

as Bryan Ferry has put it a few years ago. Still, €50 are non that much. And the “classic” serifs are the tools I prefer.

@Sergio: ... they designed a wn ligature. ... .

... and did hide it well. So well that I can't find it.

Nevertheless, a beautiful type!

[DEL]

Oh, I meant that maybe the «mischievous people» mentioned above did design that ligature, modified then the Alita files, and sold them as special-made.

We'll never see them. Those agents of evil are smart, you know.

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing