For school I need to do a research on the font Frutiger, I need to know what kind of feeling/style the font has so that I can design posters and other nice stuff about the font.

So can anyone help me? (What is the feeling/style that the font gives you? Is it modern or old? What kind of person/job would fit it?)

thanx

[DEL]

Oh well, what can I say about Adrian Frutiger's best known font?

Ok, let's say it's a Swiss typeface, with a Swiss design, with its own Swiss clarity. It's probably one of the most readable (legible?) in the whole set of typefaces.

I think it's cool – not in the meaning of stylish, but cool, as a thing thrown out of the fridge. It certainly makes its job well: it's been designed for CDG's airport signs and banners. Aside from that and road signs or very conservative logos and the small print – address and the like – in the stationery, I do not think I'd use it.

Helvetica, to name another Swiss-made bestseller, has more flair to me and it's more versatile.

(and yes, I do love Switzerland: the square flag, her William Tell and all the cows. And the lakes, the mountains, the weed)

I second that. Functional, cold, without any emotions, factual. Meant to bring information across, not feelings or interpretations. Good for a book of law.

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing