I've just tried to download, install and validate a font for Mac OSX - and it simply won't work.

Any ideas?

[DEL]

Did you use the Font Book, put the font in the system folder or what?

I did drag the font into Font Book. Then I tried the "double-click" to install it into Font Book. Most times this works, but it didn't this time.

[DEL]

Which font is it? May I also suggest you to use third party software like – say – Suitcase to organize and use your fonts? Your system would be grateful, I assure you.

However, what version of Os X is your Mac running? Which font is it? I'll download it and try for you.

I'm running OS X.4.11 . . .

Where does one find "Suitcase"?? I like to have a happy system!!

I think the font I was trying to find and load was "Hancock". I need to match up a logo . . . but that was way back last week and my memory is not as good as it once was - haha!

[DEL]

I don't even know what I had for dinner yesterday, Kelly. Memory hasn't been one of my strongest points ever.

That said, I have the same OS version. Let me try to download and install that file.

[DEL]

Ok, Hancock is a beautiful script and it works for my machine. Try and download the truetype again.

You can buy Suitcase from its producers, Extensis, at extensis.com. It should be 100US$, but it's worth more. Your Mac won't have to load all the fonts together as you will be able to select task to task which to activate and which to leave sleepy. Not to mention the chance to divide and order the fonts in categories. Life is better when you have to look into scripts folder instead than roaming through hundreds of fonts.

There should even be, at Extensis website, a trial version.

Much appreciated!!

Dinner? Hmmm . . . can't say that I remember that either - haha!!

[DEL]

My pleasure.

I will try again . . . you certainly were fast finding that font!!

Which site did you use??

I will try Suitcase as soon as time allows!!

Thanks again.

[DEL]

Abstractfonts.dot com or, rather, here:

http://www.abstractfonts.com/font/894?text=Kelly%20Atherton

Well, of course. Duh.

I've downloaded the file again, but it still won't install.

I've drug it into font book and have double-clicked to install and nothing.

I'll have to check out Suitcase sooner rather than later.

Thanks again.

[DEL]

Sonner is better but just click twice on the file itself, without dragging it into Font Book. Then choose Install.

To install fonts onto a MAC you will need OS X which has native support for True Type fonts. To install fonts on an older version of MAC OS you will most likely need a conversion program, such as TTConverter.

Fonts CAN exist in four different Folders in OS X:

1. Mac Hard Disk/Library/Fonts

This is public, available to anyone

2. Mac Hard Disk/System/Library/Fonts

System only fonts

3. Mac Hard Disk/Users/~/Library/Fonts

~ denotes user's personal home folder

4. Mac Hard Disk/Network/Library/Fonts

Share fonts with others with access

5. OS X loads fonts from all these locations to make them available to applications. OS X fonts take precedence over Classic fonts with the same name. Therefore, the 'Helvetica' used in Classic may not be the same Helvetica in OS X.

I am nice to cats . . . this font just won't go.

Font validation says that there is serious problems with this font and not to install it or it could cause my system to crash.

I'll just have to go about this logo in another way . . .

Thanks, all!

Try this one.

Edit kk:

link removed

Thanks, but the error code that comes up is dealing with "Font Name Table"???

Font Validations says not to install this font.

Strange, I checked the naming and all appears to be OK. You want me to try to convert it to postscript?

[DEL]

Kat, I've worked hard to get into Kelly's heart – and my naive approach to the problem has been rewarded much more than your logical, analytical one - but if you throw on the table your great, massive, technological superpowers I'll be defeated in a second.

That is unfair. Me the poor Silver Surfer, you Galactus. Unfair.

(just kidding as only result of a hard day's work)

Sorry, sorry, sorry ... I should not have stirred in the apple basket. How can I make good?

edited kk

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing