:)

that looks like work for me on top of whatever Sergio is getting out of this

will have to fix that clipping issue...

[DEL]

I can't understand... :) I mean, that is plain orange or, in CMYK values, something like M50Y100. Maybe even lighter in magenta.

It's like a code, isn't it? I'm supposed to solve the mistery or die, like a film star?

3 :-)

[DEL]

Oh God, sure! Great display of humour, Kat :D The orange gif was totally an act of a genius!

I'm not a football fan, anyway, I'm much more into rugby – if I have to pick one sport as favourite. When I was a kid, my father used to take me to the stadium and see AC Milan. He was a huge fan. Well, he used to take my brother too, but he was already an AS Roma fan. It was the Eighties. AC Milan was the strongest team in Europe – thanks also to those wonderful three Dutch players: Gullit, Rijkaard (spelling?) and Van Basten, the Utrecht's swan. Well, I really don't follow football. I barely from time to time check the results of AS Bari, the team from my hometown. I don't know how things go in Europe. In Italy, football players are the most sought-after gurus. They are the contemporary trendsetters. It means that this country – for which I agree completely with Metternich: Italy is just a geographical expression – is going down the drain, culturally speaking. Following its socioeconomical decadence even in the way people dress, speak, tattoo themselves.

Yes, I'm saying that I spend the Monday morning hating the vast majority of football players. Surely those from big clubs. Good Lord, they're always on tv and they can't even speak properly in their supposed national language. I truly miss the pre-1789 days. People were just people, keeping their mouths shut. I know I sound weird but I just can't help myself: they offend my ears. Anyway, these are political and historical thoughts that might not interest you, Kat, and anybody else.

I haven't seen the match. I couldn't care less for those morons, even – or maybe because of – if they wear a Royal blue shirt.

Again: you made me laugh. Thank you very much. Your humour was totally perfect and elegant.

Sorry for my long post, the memories and all that.

[DEL]

See? I always talk too much. I forgot to say one thing, the only important one.

I'm sad for Roberto Donadoni. Exactly because he was one of the players of the striongest team I've ever seen – and probably wil in my whole life – on a pitch. But he couldn't have lost the match to a more illustrious and gifted man: that very Marco Van Basten.

Congratulations and may your selection from a tiny country win Euro2008. I can't think of a better winner than the people who made tolerance and personal liberty their flag. Not that souvlaki and taramà were bad, not at all.

oooooh, ok... but isnt the shade of orange off?

sergio, i got to see Gullit when Ajax played Latvia's Skonto in the early 90s. We lost but i had the best time and lost my voice for days.

barely watch football since we moved to Canada. it is all about hockey now!!! (i've always loved hockey too, as every Latvian should).

Alrighty then, the orange mystery is solved, and it wasn't a sign of revolution so it is all good.

[DEL]

Oh, wonderful: I get to know so many things with this post: Kat is Dutch and you are Latvian but you live in Canada. Great. Never been in your home country, just met a couple of Latvian guys in Berlin, some six years ago. Maybe more: my memory has never worked. We were there to attend to a conference about migrants' rights in the EU and... well, we got bored by the second day. We teamed with two Macedonian guys – good Lord, they were fantastic, completely crazy – and flew. We ended up at the stadium watching Herta Berlin-Freiburg.

I friend of mine moved to Canada two years ago. He teaches Italian Grammar at Toronto University while he completes his Ph.D.

He's not coming back here: he says that is a precious place to live, where people live and let live, with almost no racism or violent crimes. Maybe just a little bit colder than the Mediterranean.

Do you share his feelings towards Canada?

I absolutely share his feelings. This is an awesome place to live with most people being open and accepting people. It is very culturally diverse here so that could be the main reason for it.

I have been to the US, but seeing thick bulletproof windows separating cashiers from the customers with a sliding box to place your money in, at a fast food restaurant made me miss Canada, big time.

And Canada has universal health care which is very important since i have never had it any other way. After watching Sicko, it made me sicko... I cannot imagine having to contemplate which body part to give up because taking out a huge loan will only pay for one of them. Insane.

It is only colder here in the winter time, at the moment it is 22C, but few days ago we had a heat wave of 34-36... And with the global warming, cooler might be better in the long run and there is plenty space in Canada which is probably the least densely populated country in the world.

I havent seen other great countries like Sweden and Switzerland and others, but i am obviously happy with Canada.

Alex, I couldn't agree more. Of all the places I have been Canada certainly gave me the impression of one of the best - if not the best, but I have not been in New Zealand - places to live. I recall only two 'disadvantages', It is cold in winter and I mean COLD (yes I shouted) and a beer's price tag ...

But it was really the cold winters that stopped us from going to Canada instead of Spain.

Sergio, no harm meant. Just wanted to share the orange emotions of the moment. Further I generally agree. Football: a game with 22 men/woman on a field, of which 20 are running after a ball as if there were no tomorrow. And when they finally get it - after all the running - what do they do with that precious thing they wanted so badly? They kick it away!!! And you know what? They get payed for it! Incomprehensible.

I guess it is cold when you are comparing to Spain but it rarely gets below -10. It keeps our expensive beer cold :)

My ideal temperature is 21-26 so Canada is even a little too hot in the summer. How cold does it get in winter where you are?

Kat, i play ball hockey twice a week and just started in a co-ed football league as well. It is all about running around to get the ball and then share it with your teammate to ultimately achieve a common goal. After, no matter what the outcome, you share few pitchers, stories and plans.

I'm a huge fan of team sports. So much to learn physically, mentally and socially!

I dont get paid though, i spend money... :(

[DEL]

That's the life all us amateurs have, Alex. We do work to earn money to do things we actually like. I still don't understand how can an intelligent man pay to sweat but, hey!, it's passion and that can't be judged ;)

@koeiekat:Sergio, no harm meant.

Needless to say :)

@koeiekat:Just wanted to share the orange emotions of the moment.

Ehehehehehehehe! I'be been slow as usual getting the orange/oranje thing.

Anyway, my mother is possibly moving to New Zealand. Can't really say for now as the big international firm she works for has bought their contractors in India, Thailandia, Australia and NZ just a few months ago. We have been already discussing the issue of moving out of Europe - she lives in Paris, - for a while. My friend in Canada has been a loud sponsor a moving there but - even if Alex is absolutely right: we'd have to move toward sweet water sources and "cold" climates - the weather up there is too rainy and freezy. I'd end up on a psychologist's sofa just to get rid of a weather-caused depression. England, which I love, and Belgium made me that effect and I decided not to move there. I can't bear clouds and rain and snow everyday.

New Zealand could be a good bargain. Large as Italy, very few inhabitants and quite the same climate. Not to mention the large sheep community!

@Sergio: Ehehehehehehehe! I'be been slow as usual getting the orange/oranje thing.

OK, maybe it was a bit too overwhelming?

Maybe I should have done this:

[DEL]

Ahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha!

... ruthless efficiency ...

[DEL]

That is for the second win of the Oranje? Kat, what can I tell you, I couldn't be more happy. Rather, I'd be if it was Van Basten himself scoring, from an assist by Gullit, and securing the match.

Hell, you Netherlanders taught (is that right?) the world playing modern football in the Seventies just like the Britons did at the start of the century!

(and I still have to see a single match of this Euro2008, maybe the one with our Gallic cousins?)

Continued here ...

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing