HI. Maybe one of you guys knws theanswer to this:

I use Frutiger 55 Roman to design PowerPiont Presentations for a client in Germany. I use the true type Frutiger 55 RomanFont they send me. Everything matches up between my pc and theirs, till I make the font bold. It displays much more bold on their pc than on mine, the line of text becomes longer and dosen't fit into the design anymore.

Any Ideas? Please Help!

Thanx! dRe

One of you does not have the real Frutiger Bold - so the computer is simulating it - and therefore giving you more weight.

IMHO and too many years on a computer...

I was wondering about that this morning so I gave it a try. The bold version of the Frutiger 55 is the Frutiger 65, right? Now, when I only temporarily install the 55, both 'normal' and simulated bold run over the same lenght (am I phrasing this correctly??).

Then, 55 uninstalled and 65 installed and using the same text I see that 65 is bolder than 55 made bold but everything still runs the same lenght.

So I got stuck, could not reproduce the problem.

It would be going to a 75 from a 55 to make it bold -- the 65 would be more like a Medium - and would be accessed if you were on 45...

whew

I am getting confused, 75, 45?

I gave it another try, now in Powerpoint:

top line is Frutiger55, middle is 55simulated bold bottom is 65.

And this time - actually in Powerpoint - the 65 is a bit 'bolder' than the 55 made bold and does run wider.

So Heron I think you are right with using a different font set. Customer may have all and designer only one?

When you use "machine" bolding - it goes up two weights...

Whereas a person typesetting would only to up one weight

ie

Font 55

Font 55 = Font 75

typeset she'd use Font 65

and then the simulation makes it bolder --

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing