I had this font free before. Now after installing windows it just disappeared...........................

I've tried looking for it and you get so many sites that say the font s free and when you click download it directs you to a non free font site where it's costs 80 pounds somebody helllllp.

It did not just disappear. You confirmed 'overwrite' without first making a back-up. As it is a commercial font you can not get it for free. Certainly not here. We prefer to keep the site up ...

are you serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

then how did I get the font free in the first place.

I am nice to cats but....... when I was 9 I stepped on ones tail. and It shreiked.

No seriously back to the fonts. It seems really silly when the flashy Innovative fonts are free but the boring plain ones arent!!! Would you happen to have it !!!koeiekat!!!

Well, these 'boring plain' fonts are copyrighted work by professional designers. To design a font properly with hinting and kerning for the different point sizes, so that it gives a professional result when printed, is a very (read VERY) time consuming job. You are talking hundreds if not thousands of hours. Like most people who do a professional job they like to get paid for their work.

The contrary is generally spoken true for the 'flashy Innovative' fonts. Made by amateurs, incomplete, no kerning pairs whatsoever and often based on other people's work, - took me less than an hour!! - SIC. Yes those are free. And rightfully so; mostly rubbish and not worth a dime.

So bad luck Joe. But you could have known. Everyone knows that you have to save all your belongings - up to the last comma - before you allow Bill Gates cs to do anything at all on your machine. They think all computers are their's and can do whatever they like ...

[DEL]

I'd say, buying fonts is fun. I've recently bought a good set of fonts I needed – not really, I'm just a fontaholic and desperate for that retro feeling so I try to sell that kind of atmosphere to my clients – from a foundry which I shall not name in honour to the Italian law against free advertising.

Not just downloaded them all in a second but even received a cd for every set with a LOVELY design on each cover, based on the theme, the very atmosphere in which the designer(s) found the inspiration to draw them. Just great.

Still, if you're an amateur or a freelance in his/her early years of work it can be frustrating to look at the shiny windows of the fontshops and stick to the free fonts - although some of them are really great.

See, I'm a graphic designer and I worked ten years in daily newspapers and publishing houses. Since 2005 I work on my own, caring my clients and looking for new ones. I've recently bought a new, large house in the countryside – I should move there by early December – and haven't got so much money at the moment.

I definitely stare, drooling, at the great, great set – oh, fuck the Italian law, we Italians are all outlaws, aren't we? – named «Luxury» from House Industries and – good Lord – I have to wait because 250$ is approximately the price for a cheap wardrobe (closet for the yankees, says my dictionary) I truly need. As I have to wait to buy a car larger than the one I own to drive me along the 60 kilometres that will hide me and my dogs from the large mass of people I'm fleeing from and nontheless I still work with. And none of us would steal a car, right?

Joe? Maybe? Or maybe not?

[DEL]

Oh, come on!

An 80 Pounds car?

the point every one seems to overlook is that I had the font free to begin with.

Its like im being charged for loosing the font not purchasing it.

[DEL]

Well, if you lose – by accident or error – something, you have to buy it again. I guess it's normal. You can even try to sue Microsoft, if you're a solicitor and it's cheaper than 80£.

Joe, I admit: I truly do not get your point.

It's like being charged for loosing the font and WANTING to have it again.

arhhhhh Im going nuts. Time to go in a few underground sites. If the font was 9-15 pounds like most are. I would buy it.

I understand when you said Commercial font take

"hundreds if not thousands of hours. To design a font properly with hinting and kerning for the different point sizes"

most people like me would agree it should be the commercial ones which are free regardless of how much time went into it. Its rather pointless really spending so much time on something that looks really very ordinary. So If I lost a flasy font say abaddon I would more likely pay for it since I was never given it in the first place. These are TEASE tactics. They give you the font wait for you to use it and loose it. Then charge a bomb. the BUGGERS!!!

I don't think I would get myself in such trouble for something that is just boring ... but then, I am just the Kat ...

Kat - okay to go back and lick a paw or two or three...

Joe - the font you had was NEVER free. You swiped it from somewhere - probably your job at the paper or publishing house.

The font is still not free - I suggest you look at the san serif faces here and find one that is more to your budget - like FREEWARE.

Good luck - you are so lucky you are not limited as in the old days.... there are many faces out there - more than most typography shops ever had in their libraries - keep designing...

[DEL]

Erm... they are buggers because you've erased or lost the file? Or because designing a classic font takes a lot of time and you rate both font and work as worthless?

Now, this is becoming funny.

Funny, first thing we were ever taught about computers was 'BACK UP"

LOL

Hey Sergio, If you want a larger car .. why not have Joe's? Seems to be free ...

[DEL]

My birthday, already? A car and a good reminder for something *cough* I do not make as often as I should... my birthday indeed!

Thanks, Kat and Heron!

*sings*

Joy to the world

All the boys and girls

Joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea

Joy to you and me...

Happy Birthday Sergio - and if it's not, well we can all go out and have a drink anyway!

Gee, a job, a house...so this is what happened to the poor starving children of Europe

Do I still have to eat all my veggies?

@Heron2001:Gee, a job, a house...so this is what happened to the poor starving children of Europe

In Italy, Yes. But in Lincoln ...

hey SALEM. you said "I don't think I would get myself in such trouble for something that is just boring"

well I have happened to design 24 pages in a presentation using this font. With is smoothly fitting in with pictures and captions. If I try using any other font every thing becomes dis-aligned and pretty much all over the place. If I knew the font will go AWOL I would not have started with it.

I think it is time to abuse cats........ They've always been treated too good. From the egyptians gods to modern day.

Btw that cat in your avatar looks likes it had too many wiskers & Tortoieshelles look far more cuter.

and HAPPY BIRTHDAY SERGIO.

and what this with My 80 Pounds car????????????? A-B is my motto

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing