ATTN Former Dafont mods! Wayback Machine presents: One Page from the Dafont Forum's life!

Koeiekat, Heron2001, SchwalbenKoenig and all regulars!

You have the opportunity to come back in time by openning the ONLY ONE PAGE of the former, so beloved DAFONT Forum:

http://web.archive.org/web/20040816163026/www.dafont.com/forum/list.php?f=3

You can pick out only two threads that are typical ;) and reflects what the passionate fight took place in those days and that was always a trademark of the forum:

http://web.archive.org/web/20040909162259/www.dafont.com/forum/read.php?f=3&i=5811&t=5811

http://web.archive.org/web/20040823120135/www.dafont.com/forum/read.php?f=3&i=13248&t=13248

Disclaimer:

Presented page was not edited, as-is. (there were no mods in that time!)

Coarce language is used all over the forum... ;)

Please, don't read, if you feel offended...;)

have fun!

R

What a madhouse dafont must have been! That is certainly a different way of handling unwelcome visitors!

Hahahaha, yeah. That was bulldog and pitbull at their best. Wayyyyyy before my time.

But!

As you said, RF, waaayyyy before MODs were present. When I joined in 2005 (?) it was not unlike in these halls.

And, as I see it, that were the reasons why the brilliant brains of Puck and JRZ didn't make it to MOD, because their language and behaviour was inacceptable sometimes. Very *cough* temperamental in some cases, although they were brilliant at typefaces. Had to say it wice.

And, as I read and experienced, you were one of the moral majorities there, RF! So, don't you want to join the Dafont-cave again? Hm? You know where to login. Vinz has sent you the data by email. The Dafont-MODs are still alive. At least most of them.

@Mr McGee:What a madhouse dafont must have been! That is certainly a different way of handling unwelcome visitors!

Hmm ... not really a madhouse. But surely different from wtf where the slightest form of a critical remark is already seen as offensive ...

Joined dafont in 03 and has been fun all the way ... nah ... most all of the way

RF - thank you for the walk down memory lane. I wonder what ever happened to Puck. (For that matter Gato de Luna too.) As for Jay R. Zay, we never did know what happened, but the one other website he referred to a lot was down.

I want you (for the record) to know I was not on dafont then. I came in about one year before it went down. And I was only there for a few days I couldn't believe what I saw was going on.

One thing that was certain, was many who were trying to clean up the "English" side of the forum did not have English as a native language and did not understand what was being written. So after "complaining" to the "webmaster" next thing I knew, I was there to help moderate.

Boy, seeing those crazy people makes me miss it a lot...

I'm glad all the moderators (except Aeryn and Jack) are in touch...

Thanks RF for sharing this page of memories !!

These pages were of a time before i ran in there and clean up with soap all these dirty mouths !!

:)

Afer that it was fun!

See ya

Thanks to Heron, who mailed me about this thread, I can now say it's nice to see you guys again. Yeah, this forum was some rough sea those days. When exactly did they close it and why? (or let's say "which was the last straw?") I remember I wasn't around very frequently later and some day I dropped by I found it gone. I was sort of busy with university and later with my one year of civilian service (drinking people under the table, for example ;P). Now I'm back at university again, and still alive.

Filmhimmel is down indeed and seriously, it sort of was a crappy idea to start a page like that after all. We were constantly at war with our first programmer who never got anything programmed but always told us what couldn't be done with PHP, and refused to do anything that even just benefited "Internet Explorer" users. When we stumbled upon a girl from cologne who apparently could program almost everything we needed, none of us was so keen on running a movie page anymore. So we closed it and we're probably going to sell it as we've got several offers for the domain name. And that's about all the spectacular news about my recent history.

Anyway, hugs and kisses to everyone. ;P Those were the days, folks.

@ Heron, I almost deleted your message as spam; "Alive?" usually might not have been descriptive enough - luckily it was the only new mail at that time, so I gave it a try. ;)

By the way, anybody know where to get the google font for free? x)

Wahoooo

Well Howdy Jay R Zay

How in the world have you been? Many a time I've thought of you and wondered where you disappeared to... I'm glad you've made an appearance on the same site we are on.

I'll write you again soon - meanwhile, I'm on a printers' deadline to get them an "approved" jobbie... Yikes.

Later,

Jackie

Hahaha, na, das nenne ich mal ein Hallo!

Hello again JRZ! Nice to see you're alive and ahhhkicking.

BTW, the forum was shut down for some …hmm … technical reasons, Jackie will tell you to right reasons by email for sure. And it sleeps away for some programming reasons. Maybe Roro will kiss it awake some day.

Would be nice to see you more often. Maybe here?

Servus,

R

yes, I will

here and maybe on WTF?

How about on Typophile too while we are at it? LOL

http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/forum/

http://typophile.com/forums

Hi JRZay,

just to remember those times,

i hope you finally grew up in your childish and sick mind by now !!

Two years later, it'd be about time !

And then when you disapeared and finally went to school to learn some manners, the board was thankfull and quieted down!

Just teasing, man !

In memories of the times when we'd come twice a day to check the board wandering who-t-f JRZay insulted again and what war did he start! Goddamn, not again !

Mouahahahahah

We sure had some subjects to argue about once in a while, but it was fun!

Do you know what happeed to the fleapit? It closed too shortly after your filmhimmel

No grudge, man!

Take care !

Tophy52 -

Fleapit was a guy named Kevin. The last I knew of him, his free website had too many visitors and his server wanted to charge him for "commercial" traffic. He couldn't raise the money so the site shut down. It was sad.

I couldn't even raise his email address anymore.

I still would like to know what happen to Luna de Gato - Cat of the Night. He was a talented, young budding artist. He had a small site dedicated to his girlfriend, a page on Deviant Art, attended art school. Then one day on Deviant he wrote - he couldn't do this anymore - and vanished....

hey, i had his site kept in my favorites,

just had to remember where to look !!

Write him:

)O(The Cat)O(

http://www.consultoragua.com/bajolaluna/

Fleapit/Kevin had the nickname "choc_tpot" (never knew what this meant). And he showed up recently at WTF:

http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/forum/user.php?userid=276647

... by changing his main interests from movies to gastronomy ;^D

chocolate teapot ?

yummm !

Tophy :-* That was sooo nice of you. ;)

Yes I guess I'm not so "temperamental" anymore, as Schwalbe charmingly called it. However that doesn't mean I don't remember how to start a pointless argument, so beware :P

I remember the flea pit, very nice website. I offered Kevin to host two of his short films on Filmhimmel but thanks to our programmer, they never got online (even though I still have both of them, worth watching indeed). So he'll probably have not so font memories (get it? ;) of myself but it'd be nice to see him again, anyway.

Did you ever find it strange that somehow Heron seems to know virtually everything about everyone? Maybe working for the CIA, don't you think? We better be careful what we say here (actually that's the reason why I haven started an argument yet :P ).

I always found choc_tpot aztec-ish or something similar but I guess it doesn't have anything to do with it. :))

Guess who's back..... back again!

Hi guys! Hope you're all well. Jay! Been trying to track you down for a long time! How are you dude!

Well I'm still around. Bumped into Schwalben Koenig and Jackie over at WTF a couple of times. Not interested in gastronomy at all! Rather keeping up with my other great passion... Movie Props... and making replicas. Had chance recently to massivley increase my collection.

Anyway, as you guys said, The Flea Pit closed down. Partly for the reasons Jackie said above, but mainly because I fell into some copyright issues with Steven Spielbergs lawyers (gulp!). Obviously the site made me no money, but cost me a lot, and I didn't fancy being dragged into court by Dreamworks or any other studio in fact so I decided it was for the best.

Funny how you get Dreamworks threatening legal action, yet on the otherside of the coin, I got sent a link to an official KING KONG site promoting the fact that my font had been released!

So I'm still dabbling in fonts, but now mainly for use in my replica props (which at least make me some money!) and currently busy planning my wedding and Vegas/Hawaii honeymoon! (3 months to go!!!)

Good to see you all again.

Man I miss Dafont!!!!

Hi Kevin.

Nice to see you again and my condolences for the flea pit. :)

Hey Jay. Yeah I miss the feedback I used to get for the Flea Pit, but wierdly I still get loads of emails asking for the fonts, but I never know where anyone finds my email address.

You been working on any movie fonts since Filmhimmel closed?

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing