Font Identification Request: Not resolved

Hi all,

I have attached an image of the font used in my father's business when he first started in Canada in the 1960s/1970s.

Any help in identifying this font would be greatly appreciated. I have done some research myself, but am not "font-smart" myself and barely know where to start to narrow it down.

I would like to know if this font still exists, and if not, what font(s) you would recommend we use to replace it, as we are going to be creating new marketing materials and would like to continue to use a similar look & feel.

I'm on a Mac (OSX), so any suggested replacement fonts would need to be compatible.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Barb

Hi Barb, sorry have no exact match for you. If you could provide a sample with better quality (with more details in the serifs) chances are that one here may get close.

Here some digital substitutes for a start:

Adobe Caslon Pro (have a look in the Glyph Complement PDF down below to get the alternates for the ampersand).

Zapf International

URW Artcraft

Hints:

Please wait some hours until Koeiekat, Heron, Mr. McGee et al are showing up (we all live in differeent time zones), they can help you better, I'm sure.

Post (a better) sample at the Type ID-forum from Typophile or at the Whatthefont-forum. There are many more brains there to help solve the problem.

And don't forget to connect to this request, that would be polite.

Good luck.

I'm very sorry but this time I can't help.

My first impression was this is a (one of many) Garamond. But apart from the ampersand the O forbids.

There are ampersands around like this one, even in roman faces but I can't find an exact match. Maybe someone else can with this pict. The same goes for the text. The O is a-typical. Not too many around like that, like the Venetian, Aurea Titling, Augustus and Imperator But they all don't match with the rest.

So, if you have a better - much better - image I can give it another try. But with this pict I am stuck.

Thank you, Schwalbenkoenig and Koeiekat!

I will try rescanning one of our documents so I can upload a better image of this font for your perusal...and will try the other forums recommended as well.

I appreciate your input and font-wisdom!

Best,

Barb

Barb, when you upload another pict make it a png. Not a jpg! Too much loss in the details with those so beloved high compression rates. Thanks.

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing