Found none that are a perfect match. There are 3 around that come close, the Fago Normal Black Caps (Ole Schaefer, 1999) and the Meta Bold Caps (Erik Spiekermann, 1991), both available at FontFont.com and the BlissCaps ExtraBold (Designed by Jeremy Tankard for Agfa Division Bayer Corporation. The year says 1996 but the date has probably been tampered with) which is very much like the Meta, though not a clone and runs a bit wider.

All 3 are fine for 'Life', but all 3 fail for 'Second'; not matching the S, c and d.

Another possibility is... use DIN for the whole thing! I don't think DIN 1451 is that heavy*** so you would need to add weight and cut the corners off for LIFE of course.

*** Edit: or FF DIN which has loads of weights.

[DEL]

So they used a font for each word...

Which other one would go for "second" ?

@tyfafo: ... Which other one would go for "second" ?

That's why I didn't find the Fago, Meta or Blisscaps to be a real match. Look at the e in Second, it is the same as in Life. So there should be something else around. But did not find it. So sorry.

I think we all agree that those "strange" angles at the bottom type looks "Spiekerman'ish". So I'd through in Officina with a clipped I. For the top one I think, as Mr. McGee those DINrelated are the point.

Good! Here we have another one that has the potential to turn into something interesting. I'll be back.

This one drives me crazy.

The BlissCaps is out because of the capital L and as with the Fago and Meta because of the angle of the cuts and because there is no weight that matches this logo exactly.

McGee's FF Din solution is very tempting. Indeed. That is on this small image. But on a larger image the FF DIN that comes closest - the FF DIN Bold - shows no match. Although, for c, o and d very - VERY - close. The S I consider, although similar, out of the question. The e and n are no match. As you can see on the pict they also seem to be a bit bolder than the rest of Second.

The OfficinaSans suffers from the same problems as the Meta, Fago and BlissCaps. Too bold or too narrow and clipped under a different (Spiekerman) angle.

So, do I have a solution? No. Does this worry me? Yes. Because the way Second Life started does not suggest that a specially designed logo was used. A logotype, yes, maybe even mixing two fonts. Anything is possible. But I think the F and the E (twice) are key. I'm afraid this one will keep me out off the alley for a while.

FF meta book and FF meta bold by Erik Speikermann are the fonts used here. That is all.

FF Din (probably condensed a little) and FF MetaBold. They even bought a license.

Does anyone have DIN-Regular that they could email to me?

You can get it here: https://www.fontfont.com/fonts/din/regular

THANK YOU!!!

I am surprised how careless you are. I am typedesigner and make my living designing type, obviously. And here you are, asking someone to steal a font and send it to you. Whoever has FF DIN, only has a license for her-or himself and cannot simply pass it along. Fonts are not copy-protected, but it is still unfair to the original designer to rip-off his work. What would you say if I stole your artwork and sold it to one of my clients?

Aren't you, in fact, the designer of FF DIN, Mr. Spiekermann?

I gave him the fontfont link on the basis that I know it's not on MyFonts, hoping he'd buy it rather than steal it.

I designed FF Meta, amongst others. And i am the founder of the FontFont label which publishes FF DIN, designed at my request by Albert Jan Pool.

Ah yes, that's right. Seems I forgot which FF it was.

In any case. I directed him to FontFont, so hopefully

he'll buy a license.

[DEL]

Hey I'm tired of receiving notifications, so take your discussion somewhere else.

or you switch off notifications

[DEL]

noe

Valentiles: We don’t send fontfiles, especially no commercial ones. Please respect the work of typedesigners.

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing