Somebody knows some typography similar ORTEM???

ORTEM???

Visual Graphics Typography made a display font for typositor called Ortem.

It has been digitized by Font Bank and is called Orpheus by them. You can buy it for 2 bucks from:

http://www.buyfonts.com/value_for_money/orpheus.htm

BTW - I don't know how to locate it - but Mecanorma Int'l in 1990 released a digitized version for PCs called Ortemmn_ttf.

@Heron2001: ... - I don't know how to locate it - but Mecanorma Int'l in 1990 released a digitized version for PCs called Ortemmn_ttf.

Thanks.

The name is "Ortemmn.ttf". Can be found at Myfonts.com ($45)and fonts.com ($54). I figure the Orpheus is for most of us a better option.

I don't even know if Mecanoma is still in business...

Nope. Anyway not as such. The brand is still there though. Mecanorma was bought ... when we were still young and ignorant ... by a Dutch company who kept the paper/office business but sold the letterpress business, that is the design licences. Anyway this is what I remember about the death of Mecanorma. Prety much the same as Letraset.

Letraset was bought out years ago by the people who own ITC - and they became part of it. They are still there - just like U&lc are...

Knew it was somewhere; this is what WTF says about it:

Along with Letraset, the French company Mecanorma was one of the major vendors of instant lettering. Along with licensing typefaces from other vendors, Mecanorma commissioned original typeface designs. In that time, their decorative materials, including their instant lettering were manufactured by a Dutch company Trip Productions.

From 1989 until 1994, Mecanorma worked with another Dutch company Visualogik to create digital versions of their typefaces. These typefaces were released in Type 1 format, bearing a “MN” suffix. In addition, Monotype licensed and digitized some of Mecanorma’s typefaces. In 1995, Mecanorma stepped back from the professional graphics market and entered into other areas such as home decoration.

1999, Trip Productions purchased the Mecanorma brand and what was left of the company. In 2004, International TypeFounders licensed the typefaces from Trip Productions and released them as the Mecanorma Collection. This helps to preserve one of the finest font libraries of display typefaces around, combining real arts and crafts into the tools of today.

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing