Font Identification Request: Not resolved

I'm looking for a font similar to what was used in the old Casablanca posters. I believe this was a custom, hand drawn font - but I want something that will have a similar feel. I'm doing an invitation to a Casablanca themed party, and I want to mirror the style of the Casablanca movie poster. Any suggestions. I've uploaded a graphic of the font in question. Thaks so much!

Although not freeware, you can take a look at House Industries Sign Painter Collection here:

http://www.houseind.com/index.php?page=showfont&id=23

If it only needs to be similar, it probably already sits in your machine. Tried the Brush Script?

My guess is that the font in the original poster was not a font, but hand painted by a pro. Not that it helps or anything, but that's how it was done then. Plus, look at the "a"s...slightly different, each one.

As for a close free match , you might also try Machine Script.

@Geoff:My guess is that the font in the original poster was not a font, but hand painted ...

Yes, it was hand-made. And an inspiration to many font designers thereafter.

Hi Stephanie, after looking at it I have to agree with Koeiekat that as near as damn it is Brush script. Not exact but not that far. Have fun at the party!

Regards

Gary

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing