Font Identification Request: Resolved

Hey Guys

I'm looking for the font in the main logo on this. the Blue PWA text. I've seen the font around the place on other graphics, but Haven't been able to come across it anywhere Yet.

http://www.pwaweb.com/images/menu1aa.jpg

Any Help would be great!

Thanks

Someone has been wrestling with the Serpentine. Serpentine lost. Disabled forever.

Ach sooooo

LOL

Merry Kristmas Koeiekat

Yeah, poor Serpentine, first cloned, then copied and now also disabled. Life is tough for a font.

Merry Christmas too.

thanks for the help there Koeiekat, however, I don't believe that is the font in question.

I have seen a font, the exact same as what is used on the PWA logo around, with the same W and A in particular.

Any Other Ideas?

If you have seen such a font - whoever made it took Serpentine and reshaped it for those initials. Sorry, Lonewolf, KK knows his/her stuff -- and so be it. Look at the rest of the words - all pure unadulterated Serpentine...

You may have seen a logo like this - but I doubt highly a whole typeface like it.

So Merry Christmas.

Actually, It has been a full font face, as there was a looping banner on another site that had the same W and A and a few other letters in that style, and it being a banner for another rival wrestling promotion in Australia.

Now, Honestly, I doubt that two Rival Promotions would be sharing there own fonts and text to help each other out, and I KNOW what i saw there.

http://www.wrestling.net.au/images/banners/awf2007.gif

that Graphic Right there is the one in question. The Text for the "Australian Wrestling Federation".

Wolf has a point there, Heron. And because it is Christmas, in spite of this being yet another 'sports' thing, I've done some digging in my memory to give the Adelaide Wolf some peace too.

The font world is a tough world - as you well know. Unlike us, who take care of the sick and handicapped, in that world you are abandoned straight away and even your name is taken away from you. When it is a minor illness you may take a new name that is similar to the family name or has some phonetic similarities. But when you really lost the fight you're out. And this is what happened here. This Serpentine family member got so squeezed in that wrestling fight that it was completely abandoned. Was not even allowed to take a name starting with an S.

Now, would you do that to your cousin who fell down the cliff?

Anyway, as Dennis Ludlow says on the opening page of Sharkshaw, 90% of what we consume is bad design. And he is right. Graphic interpretations of existing themes do not always lead to the best. As is the case here. And we talked about this one before in this thread. This abandoned Serpentine was forced to hide under the name Air Millhouse Italic.

Thanks for that koeiekat

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing