Font Identification Request: Not resolved

Hey, this font is used all over the place in the city of Chicago--signs, the subway, museums, everywhere. It's also used in a lot of the headers at www.architecture.org, where I got this example. The key letters that are throwing me off are the R, A, and P, but the C is unique as well, and the F and E are noteworth since their middle bars don't extend all the way. Sackers Gothic has been suggested as being close, but it's not quite the same font (the A, at least, is different). Any thoughts? Thanks a bunch!

LOL

Cross-reference:

http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/forum/viewthread.php?threadid=58809

In itself I think there is nothing wrong with asking the same question in more than one place, more chances of getting an ID. Would be pleasant and polite though when this was mentioned or at least when an answer was given somewhere else that was said so that we could stop searching here ... or there.

One of the roadgeeks might do the job here. I'll have a look.

Nope. No Roadgeek to my surprise. That means digging. No, not the litter box.

Sorry if asking this in two places is against etiquette. I didn't know the two forums were connected. Heron did suggest Sackers Gothic, which is very close and great, but not quite the same font. If I do get an exact match, I'll be sure to post in both places.

Thank you, John. But as KKat says, it is not against etiquette to post in two or more places, but the people like to stay informed. So it would be nice to show what had happened until now.

And finally WTF and AF are not connected in any way, just a few regulars who are visiting more places in the web. ;-)

If you don't get your right answer here or there, try also the Type ID-department of typophile.com. There are some other skilled brains for spotting typefaces.

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing