I am trying to find a standard/easier way of getting approval for using "Freeware" fonts commercially. Some fonts don't have contact info, some are limited to a company name that I can't find on google, and others have no info at all or are "anauthored". Help. Is there a better way?

Sometimes you can find some contact information in the metrics data. Most times when mentioning free for non-commercial use. If not, No.

How about the Un-authored fonts. Can I use those?

I wish it was that easy to answer. Many, a great many, of un-autered fonts are just truetype copies of original postscript fonts. When it mumbles converted from, Alltype, etc and so. No version number? No copyright or trademark info? Yet looks like a commercial font? Tricky. Comes fron WSI, Southern Software,Swfte and the like? Again, tricky. Has a name that is phonetically close to the original commercial font name? Very tricky.

Now, if it is for commercial use why go through all this trouble? Use commercial fonts. It is not just fair play, it is doing business the right way. The whole chain makes a profit and thus the whole chain stays intact. And those that did the hard labor of designing the fonts also get a few cents.

Thanks. I am all about purchasing the fonts, but here's the problem. I can't find a commercial font that looks like this one! The font I like is called IRON GATE by Attitude, Inc.

If you know of a very similar looking font commercially I would love to buy it from it's author. That is why I want to find Attitude Inc., so that I can offer to purchase rights to the font.

Any help would be appreciated.

PS-I have a cat....her name is Pilar. She is a Calico.

IRONGATE is a clone of the Ironwood.

btw, a quick search for irongate would have brougt you this in the first place.

Thank you so much. I purchased it and am ready to go.

hmmmm i dont no actualy!

-------------------------------

big Fan of http://www.fonts5.com !

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing