Font Identification Request: Resolved

Hey all,

I'm hoping one of you font gurus can identify which font they used for the Sex and the City logo.

Thanks a million!

How many more times will this question be asked one wonders.

It is a BODONI [excuse my shouting]. A, and not 'the'. There are too many Bodoni variations around. Best guess is a Book, but then still the same, a and not 'the'.

Actually the font is Didot. If you look close enough you'll find that the "e"s differ. In Bodoni the e has a straight line on the inner curve. also the the "x" is thinner. Also, the clincher, the a in Bodoni curves out, while in Didot it curves in!!

I would really like to know this also.

I have tied Bodoni Poster, but this is not quite the same. There are no straight lines on the "e" and "c" on this font.

See the attached.

Bodoni Poster is close, but it is no it. Unless it is another cut of Bodoni...

That's because it's not bodoni. It's not any cut of Bodoni any style thickness or decoration. It's didot. I had to do a project on the two fonts for my graphic design two class where I wrote my reply. We had a class wide discussion on the two fonts and recreated the sex and the city logo.

And the straight lines are in the inner "curve" of the "c" and "e". The y has too large of a ball at the bottom. All of the letters have too thick accents. The sex and the city logo is chic and graceful. Notice the picture on top. Everything gently transitions from thick to thin.

You need to play in indesign to manipulate the axis the words float to and change the kerning but it's didot. My project was entitled "Didot in the City"

So trust me when I say it's not Bodoni.

It's Trajan font.

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing