can anyone suggest a freeware or shareware truetype font similar to frutiger condensed?
Ok Jeanne, this is a better way to put the question. I'll have a look.
yes i looked thru those categories -
snagged a great one for the future, but for this i need something o-so-clean-&-classic. i originally used frutiger condensed, but this app needs a trutype, and i have only ps.
The standard font for Windows Mobile 5 is the Segoe. Amazingly close to the Frutiger Condensed. Google "segoe.zip" or go here.
very very very nice!!!!!!!!
i promise to be nice to ze cats
For those interested, found this info(by Bitstream):
This typeface design was initially prepared by Adrian Frutiger
for his friend Alfred deVolz at Sofratype. The working drawings
were made by Andre Guertler. The face was called Concorde and
was released in 1968.
When Linotype purchased Sofratype, the face was withdrawn, and
the rights were returned to Frutiger.
The design re-appeard in 1970-71 on the signage for the Charles
de Gaulle airport at Roissy outside of Paris.
Linotype purchased the design from Frutiger and it was
re-released as the typeface Frutiger in 1976.
It has also been released under these names, in no particular
Font Name Company
Concorde Sofratype (original release)
Frutiger Linotype (as Mergenthaler Linotype)
CG Frontiera Compugraphic
Sigfried AM (Addressograph Multigraph)
Humanist 777 Bitstream
We can now add to this:
Segoe UI Agfa
Segoe Condensed Microsoft
If you want the original, it's quite easy to resolve by extracting fonts from pdfs. Follow these steps:
1) Download fontforge to mingw (http://fontforge.sourceforge.net/ms-install.html)
2) Extract fontforge and run the fontforge batch file
3) Open your pdf that you need to extract the font from and then choose the font you need (beware that sometimes limited characters are available)
4) In the menu choose Element -> Font Info
5) Ensure that the font name, family name and human name all match the name of the font in the original pdf document (done by selecting File -> Properties in Acrobat) - please note if the font is copyright (don't use fonts illegally)
6) In fontforge, generate the font as a truetype (matching original font in pdf) and save to a place where you can easily find it
7) Copy the font file to your windows\fonts\ folder, and you should be able to use the font after this
Register and/or login to access this feature.