Font Identification Request: Resolved

Hi all,

I scourged through most of the threads here but was unable for find a similar font.

I need the name of this font or atleast a font that is similar to the above. I need to prepare some buttons for my website and need them to be small - all fonts I downloaded are either too thick/big or thin. Thick fonts are not clear when seen in reduced size and thin fonts make the buttons longer.

Thanks in arvance

Rizwan

I have not found an exact match [yet]. But the Jan Brady aka Jiffy [Swfte] might do the job.

Hey koeiekat,

Thanks for the response. I checked out the Jiffy font but its too thin to use. Also, its a commercial font and I do not want to try it til I am very sure.

Can you please suggest some free font that could be used?

Thanks again

Rizwan

I think you found the "wrong" Jiffy. You need the one by clonemaker Swfte, long dead and gone.

Well, this is of course not a match, not even near, but it has some of the characteristics: Hopping up and down letters,some sort of thick feel and free. I'd recommend some spacing between the letters.

The font is Porkys

Thanks again koeiekat - I googled swfte's jiffy and I am promptly redirected to one of your replies to a person who was seeking the same font - and it said - "he lives in italy". Guess I have to really scorch the web for that one..Will try it

Thanks Schwalbenkoenig,

Porky's is infact a very good match. It is almost perfect but the only downside is that the characters are slightly tilted at angles and often meet causing an unclear effect when used in a small button. The font which I wanted was also very similar but had a black outline which I believe helped a lot in making it clear.

Will try the porky's however once I reach home and give you a feedback

Rizwan

Great!

Had to go for a few hours but asking uncle for "jan brady" +font gave this at #5: http://www.moorstation.org/typoasis/designers/steffmann/ whicj will lead you straight to this: http://www.moorstation.org/typoasis/designers/steffmann/samples/j/janbrady.htm where you can grab the postscript font.

As you are making buttons making an outline should not be a problem - I think.

The outlines in the example are for Jiffy using the Jiffy Outline font and for the Jan Brady making the outline myself.

Edit:

In the Postscript zipfile you will find the Jan Brady, the Jan Brady Shadow and the Jan Brady Contour. The 'Shadow will do fine, I believe.

Oh..that was exactly what I was looking for - it works perfectly for my buttons. Thanks a lot koeiekat!!

Rizwan

You're welcome.

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing