Hi

How can one rename the typeface name of a font?

What I'd like to do is have my font names be whatever I'd like so they can be catagorised by theme. This way, when I open a program (Word, Illustrator, etc.) I can see them as I have named them.

Is this possible, and how so?

Thanks

that is a bad idea max... legal, ethical and other issues... i would not do that, personally

Orginization is never a bad idea. And although this is not the issue, my purposes are only for my own sense of productivity, not others.

Please only contribute answers or potential answers to forum questions. Thank you.

it is an answer. a good one too, if you are a careful and respectful person.

you can rename the font, just try google and you will find lots of software, if you dont care about any issues.

you're welcome

No need to rename your fonts Max. Any decent font manager will let you make groups/categories of fonts.

In another - recent - post I read that I am not supposed to use the typograf word anymore. So I will not.

@koeiekat:No need to rename your fonts Max. Any decent font manager will let you make groups/categories of fonts.

i can see what he might have a problem with... that will not sort the lists into those categories, or start them with some sort of prefix of his in the font lists that programs will show. A font list in photoshop, word, etc... Max wants to be VERY productive!

Maybe. But then ... maybe not. Max wrote about catagorising and organisation. His idea of solving this is renaming. I say, no need. There are things out there that help doing just that.

Knowing your fonts is another solution.

i'm with you

Kat - you gave a great solution.

Personally, I own more than 20,000 commerical fonts and yes, use them for work. I have gone from Master Juggler (years ago) to Suitcase to ATM and now back to Suitcase for System 10.

Suitcase allows me to place "suitcases" in for each of my manufacturers. Then I place other "suitcases" in for my breakdowns of Scripts, Outlines, Serifs, etc. And as I work on a job for a particular client - I chose to make a "suitcase" for the fonts used on that job.

So, I think what we are all saying, is Max may want to be organized, but -- there are ways of organizing and ways of organizing - and Max has to find what works for him...

And there would be no way I'd want to rename every single one of my fonts!

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing