email from urbanfonts to myself:

urbanfonts:

Your forum has been promoting hatred against me and my site for something I didn't do. Your user Kat has been posting aggressive comments on message boards about this and they're UNTRUE.

I already told you a million times that I didn't post these posts, that someone I hired did this WITHOUT my knowledge. Your continued posting on the subject is against the law as you're telling untruthful things about me and I've had it already. I ask you to immediately remove all these posts from your site and to tell your user Kat to stop posting these posts there or elsewhere.

My promise: I did NOT post these posts and I DID NOT copy your site. If you check the IP's you will see that it doesn't resolve to me. Keep accusing me of this and / or copying your site is not true, simply NOT TRUE.

If you have proof that I did any of this (which I didn't), please sue me, however, if you don't, and you keep posting these things, I will have no choice but to sue you. I do have legal representation in Canada where I believe you're located.

bring it on Brandon. hatred? please... just the information. Nobody even swore, which you were deserving at times. you were handled with due caution and approrpiate level of civility.

im going to continue posting information related to this case so people know.

i have STOPPED posting about this few days ago, and almost forgot you exists, until you sent me this. Well, as YOU would like it, lets keep it going.

For the background story please read the following 2 threads:

http://www.abstractfonts.com/forum/thread/11133/9244#post9244

http://www.abstractfonts.com/forum/thread/31938

[quote]@UrbanFonts:This person koeiekat is trying to blackmail me and has already asked me for money for something I didn't do.

The story in a nutshell: I hired a company to promote my site and they spammed some forums and copied part of the abstractfonts.com forum. Everything was deleted and addressed as soon as I found out. I'm an honest individual and I'd never do anything like this. As soon as I was informed of the problem, I deleted this. With regards to the content, it was developed completely independently from asbtractfonts.com Most free font sites would have similar font content, categories, etc. All fonts distributed are free - i do not charge any money for this.[/quote]

yes the contact info you have is correct, please dont post it, i dont post yours.

please list the defamatory statements.

i hear "User" AND i hear "on other sites"

i say AF has been doing nothing wrong ON THIS SITE and will continue doing nothing wrong.

im not even going to bother to defend Kat, because she IS right in the end(in my opinion), but i am simply allowing for information to be exposed for everyone to base their own opinions upon.

which one would be the lawyer crazy enough to persue anything based on what you have to work with and sue me, a university student, here, in Canada? You gonna confiscate my books? or maybe even the computer?

there are no posts that BELONG to URBANFONTS. there are posts that have been posted on this site, to contribute to the information about the incident.

why remove your posts? that is a very strange request, i COULD understand you asking to remove Kat's posts, which i wont, since she was very civilized and appropriate at expressing discontent with respect to your actions, with lots of investigation and proof.

so, everything stays as it is, it can only be added to, unless you are indeed promoting unreasonable hatered.

read the posts, instead of getting so upset.

responsibility for your actions, my friend.

what blackmail? asking for donation to a charity because you stole her intellectual property? you really gotta sleep on this...

again, YOU have resurrected the whole deal after it was done as far as i was concerned. All sides weighed in with what they had to say, provided evidence, that they had.

we had MANY people: Yourself, myself, kat, ed from inb0x, writers from inb0x, action fonts, etc...

i have allowed everyone epress themselves. everyone did, in very mature and appropriate way.

i have nothing to add to this, really

so why are you posting here if someone is posting something on some other sites??? dont pollute my site, i simply conducted public inquiry into the situation. how many times can i say this?

you just said, i have accused you of something, you have removed it. removing is not making you not guilty of posting it to begin with. information about that fact will persist.

This is an interesting thread, if not funny. The UF goes in the wrong. Not AF but I notice this - because UF was so dumb do advertise on AF- and I ask AF what this UF thing is.

I have already posted this in another thread but is seems to be appropriate to repeat it here:

Blackmail? That is an interesting approach from a fraud. Blackmail? Did I threaten to make known something that is not already known to everyone? That is not already in the public domain? Wrong again UF. You paid for posts. My posts on Abstractfonts were used for that.

Thus ...

Now did I ask for money for me? Nope. Yet when my posts are used commercially without me being asked and therefore without my consent, you, the one that pays for posts, owe money. In a commercial channel I have valued my posts at 50 Euro per post (a bargain!). You, and everybody else, can count the number of posts that I submitted to Abstractfonts forum have been used. The multiplication is rather simple but I'll explain: number of posts used times 50 Euro. Got that?

No. I did not want that money for myself. I asked you to transfer that money to a charity, Anidan.org. I don't need your money. I would not even touch it. But they, Anidan.org, DO. And they wil happily accept it. So be a real he-man and pay your dues.

For your information: your fake posts on the vBadvanced forum have been deleted to 'remove spam links'.

Now can the UF explain what it is muttering about? It played a foul trick and is being exposed. Tough. True. But then, life is tough. Oh, yes, I said someting about the reach of the claws of the Kat. Was I wrong?

The posts UF is referring to read:

The truth is, UF sucks. Everything on the site has been copied (and that is an extremely mild way of saying it) from other sites. The navigation, the type content, the type classification, the articles to make the site look authoritative (without mentioning the sources), you name it. UF ran a forum on the site which was filled with threads copied from Abstractfonts.com. Read this thread. UF publicly accused inb0x.com of stealing these threads from Abstractfonts.com and when exposed to the truth had to apologize. Also read this. UF has not asked the font designers for permission to put their work on UF. UF is making an easy buck trampling on others. All the way trough the logo design. With a lot of bla bla UF exposes itself as a nono. Read this thread here on sitepoint and see for yourself. A clumsy briefing with still some good proposals and one outstanding one by WebDesignGold (typography related, corporate feeling, inviting, well balanced) with maybe only one disadvantage is that phase of the concept development - a rather big image. The compliments of the Kat, WebDesignGold! And yet put to the sword. And all UF was willing to put on the table was a lousy $175! In the end UF ended up with what it deserved: A nono logo for a copycat site that sucks.

The owner of UF hides behind the name of Brandon and a POBox address: P.O. Box 14332, Bakersfield, CA 93311 US.

Beware of this guy!!

And, indeed, it was not only on the vBadvanced forum.

So, UF, pay your dues, keep a very - VERY - low profile and this thing is done. Got it?

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing