[DEL]

Hi all,

I've been hunting this font for ages, and my wife told me today that if I don't stop ripping my hair out trying to find it, I'll be as bald as a badger before Christmas. So, if anyone out there knows what and or where to find this font, your help would be very much appreciated. I need the font for both Uppercase and lowercase.

Many thanks...

[DEL]

Sorry about the size of the image. I do not know how to make it any smaller.

Well, unless a miracle happens it looks like you'll be bald. Look at the positive side - millions pay their hairdressers a fortune to get a shiny ball on top of their torso. You'll have it for free!

Strange though, It seems to be THE font in skate boarding. Or is it that Powell Peralta, minilogo and Bones Swiss are just a brands of Skate One? Probably. That could mean that the font is a Skate One proprietary logo-font and thus not out there in the wild or the zoo.

I tried the B and the E but no way.

Anyone can prove me wrong with the help of these:

Or, W... Stone, before you're totally bald, why not ask the communications people of Skate One which font they used?

Second thought - Most of the capital letters are now known so reconstructing the alphabet can be done. That leaves the lowercase letters but for those a VAG Rounded [my very first thought] clone can be used. I can't help but thinking that this font was/is based on VAG Rounded.

[DEL]

Thanks koeiekat...

I think that you are very close to the mark with the VAG Font tip. After looking into the VAG font Family it was discovered that it was originally developed for Volkswagen in 1979. This is around the time that the Powell company started using this modified form. I also think that it may have been a company patented font type, thus why it has been imposable to find out there. This font is only used by Powell Peralta (SkateOne) and is semi famous due to the huge popularity of the Powell Peralta brand name, thus its relationship to skateboarding.

Thanks for searching around for the font and I will send the boys and girls an email over at SkateOne.

Thanks again.

PS. I love getting things for free, but a shiny head I can do without for now. I would be happy to wait a few years (say 20-30) before I need to start applying car polish to the top of my melon. Maybe I should start wearing an ice-cream bucket on my head, whist I do my search. I love ice - so thatâ??s a win win.

Cheers for now

Wrote'm this:

Could you please have a look here: http://www.abstractfonts.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1755&sid=a61fd24963220cc527c26db834e7c258

and help us out solving the powell peralta logotype font dilemma? So we can prevent Mr Stone to get as bald as his name :)

Let's see what happens.

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing