[DEL]

I have written some software for creating table plans for weddings and other events. I would like to bundle some free fonts with it to make the tables charts more interesting. The software is commercial (but only £17.95). Do I have to contact each author to ask their permission? What if there is no author information or their email address is invalid?

What if I were to put all the fonts into a file that could be downloaded for free from my website, separately from the software?

best regards

Andy Brice

www.perfecttableplan.com

[DEL]

Actually I think I am going to just put a zip file of free fonts (and accompanying licences) on my website and link to it from my software. That makes it clear that I am not charging for the fonts. Hope that should avoid any licencing issues.

Andy Brice

Probably the best solution. The effect is the same as bundling - except for the download. If you want to avoid problems make sure the fonts are free indeed and do not make the 3 fonts you show on your website (Park Avenue, Shelley Andante/Alegro and the Monotype Corsiva) available. All three are commercial fonts and the sellers will haunt you. You could also refer to sites like Abstractfonts. Guide to the script category and you are 100% save.

Good site by the way. And, if you need it, handy software.

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing