[DEL]

I am a beginner web deigner. Home use only. I am trying to make a web page for my sister to announce her new baby to the family. My Probel is that I don't know what to do to get a sertain font to show on the site..... can anyone please help. Thank you!!!

Toni

[DEL]

the problem is that everyone has to have that font installed on their computers for them to see it properly.

unfortunatelly we are pretty limited like that... stick to atial, verdana, times, courier and the other standards to avoid such problem.

[DEL]

I found this program Weft 3 on Microsoft's home site and I can't get it to work. Does anyone know about WEFT3. It says it can embed fonts.

it is possible to embed, just be careful about the size of the font. For example, arial and few others because of their rich international and unicode character support are larger than 200KB. Add that to the page size... On top of that, not all fonts can be embeded as set by the designer... Unless you get software that can edit those properties.

[quote:e9f2756642="alex"]it is possible to embed, just be careful about the size of the font. For example, arial and few others because of their rich international and unicode character support are larger than 200KB.[/quote:e9f2756642]

But who would want to embed the Ariel?

[quote:e9f2756642="alex"]Add that to the page size... On top of that, not all fonts can be embeded as set by the designer... Unless you get software that can edit those properties.[/quote:e9f2756642]

Which of course you should not do. If the copyright holder does not allow embedding you should respect that. As we respect Alex's wish to not to make commercial fonts available for free in this forum by submitting a link to an open directory. Altough sometimes it is tempting ...

Yet, even if you would remove the embedding restrictions then still succes is not granted. WEFT3 may work - no guarantee - with IE. But that's about it. Read all you can about embedding and learn that it is (still) a wet dream. Ever wondered why (hardly) anyone is applying WEFT? But uses Flast instead? Maybe - hopefully - one day it will become a standard. Maybe I'll live to see that happen. I doubt it.

If, however, your site is for a small community only - family, friends - you could make the font(s) available on your site for download and ask your visitors to install and reload the page. Dumb. True. But then at least you know it will work. But then avoid using commercial font versions. You would be breaking copyright rules. Use a freeware font. Success.

[quote:7dac14a33a="koeiekat"]

But who would want to embed the Ariel?

[/quote:7dac14a33a]

Not me, heh, but I can definitely see it happening.

[quote:7dac14a33a="koeiekat"]

Which of course you should not do. If the copyright holder does not allow embedding you should respect that. As we respect Alex's wish to not to make commercial fonts available for free in this forum by submitting a link to an open directory. Altough sometimes it is tempting ...

[/quote:7dac14a33a]

Indeed.

However, those fields might not have been editable/avalable in earlier versions of software or was setting some default values without asking for designer's input. When the font is declared 100% free, no strings attached, for home and biz isage by the accompanying readme file and suddenly it says that it cannot be embedded because it is a commercial font. It is obviously a mistake. Of course it wouldn't hurt searching for it online and see if you can come up with any commercial references to it and if none are found you could possibly allow yourself the risk of editing such property.

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing