[DEL]

For selecting the page number?

What font is it?

Also, the 04_ range of fonts, they go right crap for any size other than 8, anyone know why?

[DEL]

Hey there, Pillhead-

I turn to Alex for your font request, as he is master af all web.

As for your question about the 04 series, this is an attribute of all bitmap fonts, which are indended to be displayed at low point sizes. The reason for their distortion at higher points is not exactly starightforward, but I will give it my best shot.

Bitmap fonts are designed according to a pixel-perfect set of rules and guidelines (this varies between both fonts and designers). Because, as a rule, text and display fonts are designed in a less precise manner, they will display seemingly perfectly at almost any point size. A display (that is, monitor) has only a certain amount of pixels per inch to work with, and therefore will sometimes overcompensate with which pixels it decides to turn black when displaying a bitmap font at higher point sizes. Thus the resulting distortion. Displays will still do this with "other" fonts, don't get me wrong, but the distortion is less evident because of the very nature of display and text fonts. Bitmap fonts, in the .ttf format, will print at any point size without distortion.

I apologize for the complexity of that little lecture, but it was off the cuff and unrefined. Given a few years I could probably pare it down and make it a little less impenetrable.

TTFN,

-Tørnquist

[DEL]

Thanks alot for that, I actually thought that the 04_ series of fonts were TTF files.

Oh well ;p

Hope the site owner picks up my request and lets me know what font is being used :D

[DEL]

They are. We just call them bitmap fonts because, at their core, they're just bitmaps made scaleable and converted to TTF (even though most designers don't actually do this). The distortion is just a crazy display thing.

-T

[DEL]

You dont know the name of the font in the mail logo do you, or this one :-

[DEL]

Can someone recommend me a font to use inside buttons that I am making like thsi :-

Any font that looks like that, which has a system feel and is very square, a free font please :)

Or does anyone know of a free version of the monolith square regular font? I like the monolith, but im not paying stupid money for it!

sorry for taking so long!

graduating from university... a little busy...

the font used in the logo is called Bitlow and you can get it for free here...

http://www.abstractfonts.com/fonts/search/full_listing.htm?kw=bitlow

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing