[DEL]

I need help yet again on another film-related project.

There are a few different posters around for the James Stewart film "It's A Wonderful Life", but typically, the one version I am trying to recreate for a personal project has a handwriting font I don't have anything near enough to substitute.

This image was a magazine advert around at the time, and differs in many ways from the normal film poster.

[URL=http://www.decodog.com/inven/christmas/X26034.jpg]It's A Wonderful Life advert[/URL]

The font I am looking for is the red one which cuts across the characters, reading "It's A Wonderful Life".

The drop line effects I can duplicate in Photoshop, but the font itself - or something close enough - is what I need. Thanks again in anticipation :D

I honestly doubt wether this is indeed a font. So many irregularities. Apart from body and footer (futura I guess) the whole ad does not look like nor gives the feeling of being typeset. Enlage the pict and you'll see what I mean.

I've looked at a few scrips and found one that sort of gives the same impression: Fantazia Creations Hand 10 italic (bold). Not the same! But I would be surprised if an occasional handwriting from these times was ever digitized.

By the way, great ad!

[DEL]

Isn't it! I collect old movie adverts and film posters (and fonts.....) and this is one I don't have yet. Ok, thanks so much for the help - I was afraid this would happen; so many film titlers of that era made their own signwritten titles rather than used a font set, and I seem to find them all *sigh*

I found one called BrodyD which when Photoshopped a bit comes reasonably close enough to what I wanted, but I always need new fonts so I'll give that one a go too :D

I'll post a pic of what I did once I upload it to my server.

[quote:3eac2ffc45="bunny wuffles"]

so many film titlers of that era made their own signwritten titles rather than used a font set[/quote:3eac2ffc45]

And they had to. Although not the hardest metal around :) lead is not that flexible! Ever thought of making up a lay-out like these in lead? You'll start drawing!

Personally I find the Brody (Briquet originally) somewhat plumb in this case.

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing