[DEL]

Hi there,

I've just received a logo in Corel Draw format that I need to convert do jpg or gif in order to use it on a web project.

The problem is that the logo uses "Flux-Normal" font which I don't have...

Any ideas where to find it?

Thanks in advance,

Marco Almeida aka Wonderm00n

Flux Normal? There are many "fluxes" around. But "normal"? Do you mean regular? Or do you have a pict? That would help (us and you).

request the font from the source that you got the logo from. They must have it...

If you only need to convert the logo then why do you need the font?

the logo probably consits of few letter in that flux-normal font and since it is Corel Draw just like Illustator it will keep the font instead of converting the letters into vector shapes...

[quote:db41254a71="alex"]

the logo probably consits of few letter in that flux-normal font and since it is Corel Draw just like Illustator it will keep the font instead of converting the letters into vector shapes... [/quote:db41254a71]

Sure! But wondermoon says that he needs to convert the logo in jpg and gif. So he doesn't need the whole character set. He can just convert it. Anyone can.

you think so? but how can you first open it without having the font installed? Draw doesnt embed the font... hence, when you try to open the file which contains that font, it spews or uses a substitute to render the glyphs... either effect is not the most desirable..

DRW is a vector format. As such doesn't need to be opended in Draw to be converted. The font may not be embedded but the vector file is still readable. Thus ...

if im not mistaken, vector formats that display text contain simply information about the font and the size without containing the actual glyphs converted into vector shapes

[DEL]

Regarding the font, the company that asked me to make their website is going to ask the logo makers the font. If they don't want to give the font, they'll convert the text to vector shapes (That's what they should have done in the first place)... So my problem will be solved...

Anyway I found out that it is a commercial font :(

http://www.fonts.com/findfonts/detail.asp?pid=402930

If my client wants to use this font to other graphical titles or so in the website, me or him will buy the font... No problem at all...

Now, some thoughts...

Regarding some Corel Draw issues that were discussed in this thread:

- Corel CANNOT open the file in it's original format if the font is missing.

- Corel CAN, if this is choosed when saving the file, embed the font into the document itself for edition propouses on this document only.

- Final note: I used to be a Corel user but now that I'm in the Web bussiness I only use it to make some logos if needed... My graphical suite consists on: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Macromedia Fireworks

Thanks for everything,

Marco Almeida aka Wonderm00n

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing