Hi guys!

Please check out the new site that I am working on right now.

It is still in the development and that's why i want you guys, true fontaholics to check it out first and i cannot stress enough how important the feedback is. Let me know if you think you there are any ways that you can imporve the search, the results, query, etc.

The goal is to make the Google of fonts :D

http://fonthit.abstractfonts.com/

Awaiting your comments!

So that's why we did hardly see you. Going to beat fontseek? I tried basix. But no result. How come?

you're right, i have been a little busy with my new project. Lots of work. That and the end of semester at the university. But im all done now!!!

Also, looks like you wont see me for another 2.5 weeks! I am taking a road trip to Vancouver, BC. Loooooooong drive, but should be fun!

Actually, i search for basix earlier as well :) Great minds think alike! The problem with fonthit right now is that it doesnt like the commercial fonts too too much just yet. I focused on getting few of the better fonts archives in there as well as the standard fonts.com/itc.com commercial set. It will eventually grow to 100,000+ font-related files.

The focus right now was on speed and as graphical of a result as possible. Compare the speed and number of results when looking for something that both fontseek and fonthit have and you will see that fonthit will kill fontseek in speed. Number of results will come with time.

Did you try other keywords?

actually, it is spidering myfonts.com right now, so you might even get database timeouts... so sorry, speed might fluctuate right now

To avoid too many duplicates sniff this: http://www.italiasoftware.it/fontuniverse/

Out of 6 tries besides the basix I also got no result for "wolrd famous fonts" like: "a font for the computer people" "affenschaukel" and "gaim"

Then I gave up.

right now the actual query is not very smart. If you type in 'world famous fonts' it will look for the exact phrase.

thanks for the site, it's got tonns of illegal fonts but hey, im not the one who will get sued :D

any more sites like that?

Thanks kat!

Remember the earlier discussion? ONLY THE NAME can be protected (that is under US law). But I admit, it's not smart to keep the original font name in the file,

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing