[DEL]

Hi,

Currently there really isn't much to post here. Is there anyway we can have some more boards, like general chat, html help, introductions, etc...

Thanks,

Paul

[DEL]

That would actually be a good idea. This forum is not very active as of now...

[DEL]

Yep, beause there is nothing to post about. BTW: I think the site is amazing, great job.

Paul

please, suggest as much i you can!! I love ideas!

ok, boards to add:

-Main

->Introductions

->HTML Help

the past attemt to put a "general chat" board kinda didnt work... so i assume ppl are here just for identifying and looking for fonts... so that's why i didnt bother with other boards.

suggest a board and ill add it and make you the moderator.

what do you think guys?

[DEL]

That sounds great. I have to go to work but when I come back I will post a lot of suggestions.

Thank You,

Paul

sounds good!

i won't add anything till then...

[DEL]

I'll think up a few suggestions...

We should have a general off-topic section. I can't think of a creative name for a font site, but my board uses "Madness", another uses "Water Cooler", others simply use "Off-Topic".

I think the HTML section should also include javascripts, PHP and mySQL, so be sure to include that in the description.

I can't think of much more right now...

so we need a board for programming which would include HTML, PHP and MYSQL...

something like "Development", "Coding", "Programming".. sounds a little dry and cliche but at least ppl have idea what we're talking about...

the problem i think is still there that people are looking for help with fuinding fonts... i hope they will start participating more actively

any suggestions are welcome.

thorn and/or paul, give me names of the boards that you would like to administer and i will review the submission

thanks guys

[DEL]

[b:c7e13a5ecb]Abstract Fonts Arena[/b:c7e13a5ecb]

------------------------------

Introductions

If you are new introduce yourself here.

General Chat

Talk about anything that doesn't fit into any other category.

Support

If you are having trouble with any of the Abstract Fonts services please post here.

Site Feedback

Tell us what you think about Abstract Fonts.

[b:c7e13a5ecb]Fontomania[/b:c7e13a5ecb]

Creating Fonts

Share Fonts (Make sure they are freeware).

Request A Font

[b:c7e13a5ecb]Site Development[/b:c7e13a5ecb]

HTML Coding

Graphic Design

Photoshop, flash, Paint Shop Pro, etc...

Client Side Programming

Javascript, C++, VBscript, etc...

Server Side Programming

PHP, Perl, mySQL, etc.

[b:c7e13a5ecb]Site Promotion and Commerce[/b:c7e13a5ecb]

Affiliate Programs

Talk about CPC, CPA, CPM and other affiliate programs.

eCommerce

Ask questions about setting up your own online store.

Link Exchange

Exchange links with web sites similar to yours.

Search Engines

Ask questions about submitting to search engines.

That's just a couple things I came up with from the top of my head. Feel free to add to it. If you want me to moderate I am very good with most of the areas in Site Development.

Thank You,

Paul

[DEL]

Yeah, it seems weird that you have over 400 members and almost nobody posts. You as the administrator only have 130 posts, on my board I have 250 members and me and another member have over 1,000 each.

Paul

[quote:2b3f319dca="alex"]

please, suggest as much i you can!! I love ideas!

ok, boards to add:

-Main

->Introductions

->HTML Help

the past attemt to put a "general chat" board kinda didnt work... so i assume ppl are here just for identifying and looking for fonts... so that's why i didnt bother with other boards.

suggest a board and ill add it and make you the moderator.

what do you think guys? [/quote:2b3f319dca]

[DEL]

Well, most of the members come and ask for a font identification, and then leave after they are satisfied. The others have probably forgotten about the board...

Fun Facts:

The Invader Zim board I post at has 1,526 members and 128,798 posts. My board has 30 members and 2120 posts.

This site obviously gets traffic, we just need to attract people to the forums.

[DEL]

[quote:4fe0d6be0d="Thorn"]

Well, most of the members come and ask for a font identification, and then leave after they are satisfied. The others have probably forgotten about the board...

Fun Facts:

The Invader Zim board I post at has 1,526 members and 128,798 posts. My board has 30 members and 2120 posts.

This site obviously gets traffic, we just need to attract people to the forums. [/quote:4fe0d6be0d]

Excatly. This is why we need more boards. Currently it's really boaring to be here as there is nothing to post about. Also, to remind all the people about this place you can send a newsletter to all the members.

Paul

Yea, thats a good idea... i was planning on it.

I am off to study for my finals at the university right now, but i will get to the boards creation tonight... late tonight

thanks Paul for the detailed post

[DEL]

I missed that post, I don't know how that happened. It was so long... Good job on the forum names! I hope we can have a more active community...

The forums Paul mentioned reminds me of tutorialforums'...

thorn, do you have a forum that you would like to moderate?

im gonna give Paul the Site Development ones since he's good at it.

[DEL]

Hmm, I'm not sure what I'd like to moderate. I can't say I'm really good in any of those topics... possibly I could do something in Site Promotion and Commerce?

as syou can see over a couple of days there were no posts in the site development section.. so i have doubts that the promotion section will be any better...

the fonts section is pretty active though.. i like that a lot

[DEL]

[quote:8d80edec6e="alex"]

as syou can see over a couple of days there were no posts in the site development section.. so i have doubts that the promotion section will be any better...

the fonts section is pretty active though.. i like that a lot [/quote:8d80edec6e]

Maybe you should send out a newsletter to all the people as many of the people that were around here a long time ago left and forgot about these forums.

Thanks,

Paul

[DEL]

Maybe you should have a board where people can share how they became fontaholic and stuff?

Fontboy

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing