A lot of fonts nclude special characters not shown on the keyboard - like an accented a for instance. Call me stupid but I can't figure out how to get those characters - is there a code you type or something?

Accented 'a' will belong to some particular language and if you live in the country that speaks it.

Then you will probably have that language set as your default operating system language and there will be a keyboard that you can buy (or glue stickers on) that will be able to access those special characters for that particular language.

Or you could just go to Character Map application (if you are on windows, or similar) that will show all characters available and you will probably be able to copy / paste them one by one.

On some fonts those characters are just a variation of one letter or another or coordinating flourishes, so my interest is not primarily about languages (although we do get requests for Spanish on occasion).

Can you explain "Character Map application"? Sounds like what I need.

If you type "windows character map" into google you will get a bunch of relevant results.

It was already on my machine! So if anybody else is interested it's in Accessories - System Tools. And now it's on my Task Bar!

Way back in the day, there were numeric codes for all those characters but that didn't carry thru on one "upgrade" or another.

This is clumsier, but better than nothing! Thanks for the help!!

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing