reply   forum
    site moderator alex
    May 16th, 2012 / quote / 72.38.*.1*
    Nicely done!

I love the "Be nice to the cats" preview text :)
    nymphontexternal link
    May 17th, 2012 / quote / 68.96.*.2*
    Thanks Alex. KK was very helpful to me on this one, so the graphic was my little homage. Thanks KK. :)
    site moderator koeiekat
    May 17th, 2012 / quote / 79.150.*.1*
    fontface.ttf? Vendor HL? ┬┐Que pasa? Have another look at the naming and settings of the one I sent you :)
    nymphontexternal link
    I know. Sigh... I ended up having the same issues (again) with the file you sent me. I discovered it was caused by a windows font cache issue and was able to recreate the font without issue after re-creating and renaming the files, thus I lost the vendor information :( and whilst still having issues I named the files simply "fontface" when I wasn't sure which actual font name I was going to use. :( Sorry about that. But I did re-design the Euro sign thanks to your insight. I am sorry to have lost the other font data you provided. Though I was able to use the name I initially wanted, "Aver," I would not have been able to do so without your help.
    site moderator koeiekat
    You want me to correct this and send you the zip?
    Other thing, ask Alex to withdraw this one from Abstractfonts and Rodolphe the same at Dafont (if submitted, I don't see it yet) and go commercial with this one. It is about time.
    nymphontexternal link
    Sure that would be great KK. Thank you.

I was wondering why it was not added. I thought Rudolphe did not like the font or was upset with me for some reason.

It is quite a compliment that you and others as well feel that I 'go commercial' with this font. Ray Larabie and James Arboghast have insisted upon this same thing for some time. So I suppose I will do that. Mr. Larabie suggested that I try to have my fonts accepted to be sold at myfonts.com. Is that what you would also recommend then?
    site moderator koeiekat
    For the ones that have been around as a 'freebee' (you can't control what people do, but I have my doubts seeing what is happening with the lousy Monogram KK) it is probably too late but as the Aver concerns I go a step further then suggest, The Kat insists. And yes, goto Myfonts, both Ray and James gave sound advice. It is about time your talent brings you some money.

I'll change the naming and settings for you. It is already late so the zip may come tomorrow.

@Alex
    If/when Lauren asks to withdraw the font from here, please do so. Lets give her a chance before the thing is all over the place. Thanks. kk
    site moderator alex
    May 17th, 2012 / quote / 72.38.*.1*
    I'm watching the thread and as soon as / if she requests it, I'll take it down.
    site moderator koeiekat
    :)
    nymphontexternal link
    Okay then, I suppose you should remove then Alex, thank you. I will go and do the same at fontspace and deviant art... lol

Thanks kk, tomorrow would be great. I still don't know if myfonts.com will have me. If not, I will re-submit Aver!
    site moderator koeiekat
    Pretty sure they will. It is unique, has an extensive character set and four faces. We have seen less over there.
    Other thing, you still have the possibilities for a great alts set available. Go!!
    nymphontexternal link
    @kk I hope so. I will keep you posted then after I hear from myfonts then. Thanks so much :)

@Alex Thanks for the swift action on removing the font. It has already been removed from deviantART, and a request has been sent to fontspace for it's removal, hopefully that will be done soon as well.

Register and/or login to access this feature.

Register

Name
    Email
    Password

Login

Email
    Password
      Forgot password?