reply   forum
    Font file size?
    nymphontexternal link
    Aug 16th, 2010 / quote / 68.96.*.2*
    uploaded image
    Would 210kb be considered too large for a single font file, taking into consideration that the font is of a decorative style such as the pictured LT Chickenhawk, and contains over 300 total glyphs ?

My fonts are typically much smaller in size than that, but after updating the aforementioned LT Chickenhawk, that's where I am at... but that size seemed a bit on the heavy side to me.
    site moderator koeiekat
    Aug 16th, 2010 / quote / 83.52.*.1*
    What have you done? Added capitals? And what else? Kerning an bearings does not add much to the file size, that is only metrics.
    nymphontexternal link
    Aug 17th, 2010 / quote / 68.96.*.2*
    hmmm ..
    the uppercase characters are included in the font, but they are the same as the lowercase...

this new version contains about 500 kerning pairs or so, but I have seen fonts that include many more than that, that* are also far more complex yet still considerably smaller in size.

... now that I think about it, 210kb is much too large a file size for such a relatively simple font as this. I'll have to do something about that before publishing the update.

thanks kk.

Soon I hope to update all of my fonts proper, whence I become more acquainted with my newly acquired *yay!* FontLab! So excited! :)

*Even with a comma in-between, I really dislike using the same word twice in succession, apologies :P

Register and/or login to access this feature.

Register

Name
    Email
    Password

Login

Email
    Password
      Forgot password?