Hello... I was wondering if anyone had any advice/thoughts/opinions on the selling of fonts outright, and related font business issues that I have recently encountered..

Being the lowly little free-font maker (TrueTypeâ„¢'s only, and on FontCreator no less) that I am, I could really use any of the aforementioned sorts of wisdom on a recent inquiry I received regarding the sale of some of my fonts.

Okay, well, firstly, they sought 'to consolidate' their 'library with fonts they could utilize on all of their 'platforms, be it on the web or production in an unlimited fashion'

They asked if I were interested what would the pricing be to create 1-10 new fonts, and they also asked if I were interested in selling those fonts as well as existing fonts (fonts of interest were then listed) outright, as they would be/are interested in purchasing them...

Anywho, I have of course my own conclusions. One such conclusion of lesser importance regarded the crafting of ten or so new fonts; Create ten new fonts? I have made fewer fonts as of yet that I am not totally embarrassed of!

But then again I'd be happy to sign up for such a project if the right entity were to broach it... and I am pondering the possibility that this offer I have received could be considered one such project...

Sigh. Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Suggestions?

(no worries, i am not looking for one nugget of wisdom to come to a decision on any of this. I am just looking for any nuggets of wisdom on selling fonts outright ect. in general)

Thank you in advance. Apologies as well, I know I should just become a real font designer and sell my fonts on a real font site. Someday, maybe. Someday. We can only hope.

:)

Need some time to get the gray matter in motion, be back.

oh awesome. thank you.

** I also wanted to add (in case it was not obvious to everyone as I had hoped/intended it to be); By "real font site" I refer to sites in which the selling of fonts is the main/sole focus of the site, the main service provided by the site. I do not insinuate that this site, is not a real font site. Got it?

can you mail me their proposal?

Also contact Ivan (neogray) on this.

Hi Lauren

This sounds eerily like a recent thread on Typophile:

http://www.typophile.com/node/73007

Perhaps you'll find some good input there? :)

Roger

[DEL]

deleted

Wow, spammers are so pathetic.

Anywho,

@kk sorry for the delay, I will email that to you, thanks.

@Roger,

thanks, reading that thread was very helpful.

SkecherSale has been banned. kk

@Alex

may I suggest an IP block on China?

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing