Font Identification Request: Resolved

Help! I've got a TTF font named Angela Bold (AngelaB.ttf) that will NOT install in Windows XP. I've used it a lot in many of my older projects, ones that I made many years ago under Windows 98. The font installed just fine then. Now though, the font will not install no matter what I do. I've tried installing it from my original source, the Total Fonts 98 CD-ROM. No luck. I've tried downloading & installing it from the few sites that host it. No luck. Each time I try Windows says that the font file is corrupted. Every downloaded file is the same size (37,830 bytes unzipped) so no surprise there. I've tried repairing the file with various freeware tools. No luck. I'd like to have this font, it's very attractive. Is this a commercial-only font? I'm at the point that I'm willing to buy it (for a reasonable price) but there's no info on it embedded in the font file. Or can someone recommend a close free alternative? BTW, the cut off lower case 'g' in the sample is complete in the actual font.

Hi,

it's a Serpentine Bold. I remember problems at work with a downloaded Version and XP a few years ago. But the BT-versions from Corel Draw CD worked.

Bye bye

Many thanks!!! As it happens, I have CorelDraw 8 installed on my system but I haven't installed all the fonts. I totally forgot about Serpentine Bold.

The reason why your Angela Bold won't open under XP / Vista is the missing info in the naming section. Unlike 98 and before XP/Vista require the unique font identifier.

As you can see the Angela lacks this info. Apart from that it is a badly made clone, far too many points and, worse, many duplicate points. Hardly usable for print.

Need help with Angela Bold

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing