Since the release of Red October in 2004 (or earlier) I've spotted some unlicensed commercial use of it and the funny fact is that the smaller the venture is the most likely is that they contact me and ask if I grant them a license for commercial use. But big guns obviously think that a largely unknown Bulgarian designer won't have the power to protect his rights and decide to act without my grant for use of the typeface. Thank to some nice people over the internet I have been informed that the brand new Rihanna (yes, that Rihanna) single uses my Red October on the cover. Here it is:

I know some of you already experienced this, especially Lauren with Payless. I want to ask if you guys have any advices for me.

Not to mention the previous case with the REPO: a Genetic Opera movie and again Red October unlicensed use.

Of course, I don't think I'd won any battles with DefJam...but just in case, what should I do?

Can give you no advice here, Ivan. But you sure read the battle between Fontbureau and NBC …

thanks, your Majesty :) That's an interested reading and my case is not even close to the 2 million dollar deal FB is seeking from NBC :)

Everything in my case turned out to be a bad timing – yesterday I was contacted by one of the designer that are working for Def Jam about the permission to use the font on the CD cover. I just don’t know if that was intended previous to my reaction or is a result of my reaction – I don’t really care. All is good. Thank you for your positive feedback, especially kkat

Can have been a Google hit, designer looking for reactions?. This post was quite high yesterday and is still # 11 now.

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing