Avant Garde Book BT is not a free font, I presume, right?

Not even the Bitstream one!

Okay, that's what I thought.... ummmmmm..... I really hate being a whistle blower but...

http://inkresources.deviantart.com/art/ink-fontpack1-126466033

**had to add this, I am not trying to "narc" anyone out... maybe he just didn't know? I was just pretty certian he should not distribute this...***

Naughty if not stupid. Good thing one has to sign in to comment and I don't want to ... guess it would not appreciate the comment.

Well I am a member there, what should i do, should I send him a message or report it? (They have a link next to all their deviations to "report this deviation" as it is an art site violations like this are of course prohibited)

It's not right that it remain there, I don't know what action to take... Contact him or straight to DA?

Most of the other fonts in the pack are free or free for personal use, so I have to assume that he didn't know better, though I don't see how....

?

It's up to you. For me? I would comment and you may imagine how - hiding behind 'We do not take any credit for these fonts we are just the distributor', the nitwit. I would certainly report the deviation. Not that I have much pity with Bitstream, they should be able to manage their own business and we all know how Bitstream started - and grew fast. But still ...

Yes it's not as if this would affect Bitstream at all but it's just the principle, we respect our industry. I guess I will just make sure he is aware that he is not authorized (to say the least) in redistributing certain fonts and take it from there. Thanks.

All's well that ends well. He was unaware, apologized sincerely and is taking it down.

Has not ...

I noticed that too. But I feel kind of silly now, because I did a search for the font and there were plenty of sites offering it for free. I know that font licenses are often ignored, but not so blatantly. When you search for a strictly commercial font, you might see a few results saying "get this free here," but the majority will say something like, "purchase here." Search Avant Garde Book BT, and you will get nothing but sites offering it for free...And I visited a few, and they do! Maybe I am naive and that is how blatantly terms are violated, but it made me wonder if they have in fact changed the permissions. Is it possible they changed the license?

No Lauren, the license has not changed and will not change.

Yes Lauren, almost any commercial font, certainly from the mayor suppliers, can be found as a free download in no time. That is wrong, but a fact. Respect for others and their property is already hard to find nowadays but close to extinct on the web. Alas.

I see, well thank you.

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing