I have to say, upon perusing this forum a bit more than I had initially, I am quite taken aback by the frequency people post asking where they can find "such and such commercial font" for free!

Do they not know that people in the design business, in general, respect the work of fellow artists? Whether corporate or freelance? Requesting a known commercial font for free would be better suited on a hacker or torrent site I would think, rather than a legitamit font site...

No wonder you guys are (in all honestly) a little quick to react a bit coldly or short, you have to deal with this sort of ignorance practically non-stop!

I do take into consideration, that many people requesting commercial fonts for free do not intend to be a sleaze bucket, they are not aware that this type of request is not considered to be in good form. They seem unaware that fonts that come with software or operating systems are infact commercial fonts, not to be re-distributed, therefore, requesting commercial fonts for free would certainly be permissable. Like fonts are really nothing at all.

Sigh. No biggie, just how commonplace these requests are made is something I was really not aware of!

Well, Cheerio.

well...it's almost the same with the music, so people first try to obtain a font for free and then if it doesn't work, they either give up or buy it. We're not entirely harsh to people asking for commercial fonts here, we're just politely explain that we're not that type of site. Being (sort of) a type designer I know what effort is to put together all the glyphs, the ligatures, to adjust the kerning pairs - so if you're making a living out of it, it's simply unfair... but at least here we can teach the ignorant ones that this is not right thing to do or ask for.

@ nymph, friends now?

koeie, Oh I suppose :) Though I thought I was being accosted my first visit here.

and neogrey yes i suppose they have to learn somehow or another if they do.

and i must admit... "back in the day" i am guilty of this cardinal sin myself. yes, it's true.

[edited to clarify:I never asked for a commercial font for free, but was willing to receive one]

anyone remember fonts-anon?

Well I posted on the forum asking if anyone knew what the name of the font used on The Smashing Pumpkins Adore Album was...

In reply I received a copy of Novella in my mailbox, which (AT THE TIME!) I was more than happy to accept and keep on the down-low so to speak.

At that time I made websites and graphics, but didn't think about creating fonts myself, and I guess I assumed that fonts were generated, or that type designers made bucoo bucks so what would it matter if one little sale to little old me slipped by.

Happy to have you with us.

:)

Just a quick reminder what the daily job here is: Click1 and Click2!. ;^D

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing