Hi, I am a little timid to post my question on here, as thought it is about fonts, it pertains to what an independant font designer such as myself can/should require when large franchises, national or international corporations are concerned, or when a major motion pictuer, tv show or book publisher would like to use your font...

I have a more specific question, but since this forum is not intended to be a "tutorial" I am embarrassed to ask it unless I know that you do not mind me asking this type of thing on here. (type- of thing! he he I am a dork!)

How a cuttie like you can be a dork?

Anyway, my 2 cents - all my typeface are free for personal use. If they intend to use it for commercial purposes, they ask and I respond - donate whatever you feel is enough to grant you the right to use it for whatever you want. usually they send between 20 & 40 EUR which is a bit more than the usual single typeface price on MyFonts.com and other resources. Sometimes they forget to ask, but that happens: for example - my Red October used all over the movie official site:

http://www.repo-opera.com/

The other way is to make money out of it - submit your works to myfonts.com to see if they're interested in selling your fonts.

Hope this helps.

Ivan

Hmmm okay, thank you. That about sums it up...

A german magazine would like to use my font "LT Chickenhawk" and also publish a book using the font.

I too designate my fonts free for personal use, I am not that interested in making any strictly for commercial use either. Thank you for your insight, I also have been requesting donation for commercial use of my fonts, I suppose that is what I will ask this "client" when I reply as well.

Oh, they also requested I create an additional character, the "ß" character. I wouldn't be selling myself short doing this without asking any additional compensation, would I?

I mean, fonting/web design/logo design etcetera is what I do... and I would love to see my font utilized in a mainstream fashion.

Thank you again for your insight.

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing