You can post a civilized request and a human error can be corrected.

Also, your website doesn't seem to work: http://www.nymphont.com/

Says: Address Not Found

I will add you as a designer and attribute the Nutshell font to you.

Please be nice.

human error? i thought it was all automated..

Human assigns the author to the font since the person who uploads it is not necessarily the author. So this font had a wrong author set which i can change.

Yeah so nymphont.com doesn't work right now... I don't see why that has anything to with my font being miscredited but oh well. thank you for crediting me. It's Nymphont. Thanks.

How come the LT Nutshell Library reminds me of the Melina Fancy?

Lauren, have to leave now for a few hours. Let me surprise you when I'm back ...

Lauren, now cool down. Your font is obviously not a ripoff from Melina. There are too many details that say it is the same ballpark, but a different font. It could be that Maurice Sendak himself was inspired by this typeface (or his bookcover designer). And you expanded it to a digital font. No accusation, that happens. Even the most professional type-designers. See the case »Neill Bold« and »Mobley« by Alejandro Paul.

But I have to say you should immediately update your font-files with your peronal data, as seen in the recent pee pant script-threads. You know, if the fonts can be downloaded for free, the files are spread over the net in lightning speed. And then you don’t have one additional forum to talk to, but thousands and millions. Keep up the work, Lauren.

Sorry Lauren, your fontfile file I d/l minutes ago is still missing your personal data. See the Kirk-thread how to update them.

Well, in Font Creator theres a naming option in the format pull down.. but there's also a naming tab in the tools/options pulldown menu that shows up essentially blank whether you've changed it in the format/naming section or not. not confusing at all.

I dont know how to link to threads but I copied and pasted this from a kirk thread:

As you can see in Lauren's font the embedded info states:

Version 1.00 January 30, 2009, initial release © Lauren Thompson (Nymphont) 2008. All rights reserved. www.nymphont.com/ Based on Maurice Sendak's Nutshell Library books. This font was created using FontCreator 5.6 from High-Logic.com

compare it to yours:

Version 1.00 January 29, 2009, initial release Typeface © (your company). 2009. All Rights Reserved This font was created using FontCreator 5.6 from High-Logic.com

Alex - Founder - Abstract Fonts

---How come it was there earlier and not now?

Because Site-Owner Alex is a nice guy and corrected your informations in the Abstractfonts-database by hand. Your original file is still missing the data. That's what I think.

Have to go now. Be nice people and behave. Thanks.

Geez...you even posted a photo of yourself, girl? Now you're a famous typeface designer... Geez, what's wrong with you people...

meh.

OK, Lauren Thompson, I'm back. I'm sorry I did offend you. Did not mean to but maybe over here we communicate somewhat more directly than in the Mid West. Can happen ...

I only meant to say that I had seen this before. The quickest one to show was the Melina Fancy, which is clearly completely different from the Nutshell Library, but there are more ...

So here is the quiz: which of the ones shown above is the hand-drawn version on the book cover and which fonts are the others?

Quiz is open to all ...

Lauren, since you mentioned Vegas, would that be Mountain Vista, Las Vegas, NV 89121, US ?

Edit kk:

Lauren - rightfully - complained about the details in this post so I took some out.

¿Or is that ... good night?

Edit kk

The quiz is still open ...

Hmm... I want to say the second one on the left is the hand-drawn.

Woah - Nymphont... so you know, you're really not that attractive. Why is it the ones who are ok looking that get all diva?

Anyway, if you don't put your information in the font file itself, you are just opening yourself up for intellectual property theft.

You're a very talented typography designer, but you seriously need an attitude adjustment. For one thing, this conversation turned hostile because you come across as hostile and to be quite honest, incredibly bitchy.

This is not the industry to act like an angry stripper. Leave the drama at the club and don't bring it into a professional atmosphere. And so you know, there are FAR more attractive geeks than you around here, and clearly have more class than you.

If you ever did get net-famous, you would be the Heidi Montag of the Dev/Design world. Everyone would just wish you would go away and overlook anything great you have made.

I'm sure you're going to blow up at me, as well, but as a fellow woman, and fellow designer - knock it off, you're making yourself very unlikeable.

KK-

Is the second from the top on the left the book title?

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing