Wow, I check back here ten minutes later and it's a completely different site! I like the new design! :-)

Thanks, it didn't roll out as smoothly as i hoped but most of the problems should be resolved by now.

Let me know if you notice anything malfunctioning.

This used to be my favorite font site until things started to change. When I go from page to page and the fonts scroll up I have to look away because it makes me want to hurl. Now the categories at the top are alphebetized left to right instead of up and down and it's equally annoying. To top it off I have to download a zip file instead of having the option to save the font file directly to my system. This site has gone from easy and convenient to tedious. Why all the changes? Anyone else feel my pain?

I have been contacted by multiple designers asking me to discontinue ttf-only option of downloading as it does not include the sometimes present readme files which those authors require to include.

Categories now can be seen on one screen instead of scrolling through multiple page folds.

The animated scrolling has been around for many months. I have been contacted by many many people noting how much they like that particular feature, but i am open to suggestions.

I will always listen to constructive criticism so please voice your opinions.

I do agree with kelliv that the categories would be easier to use if they were alphabetized up and down instead of sideways, but I greatly appreciate them all being on one page, as well as the new layout for the designers, which I feel is much easier to use and read.

Edit JB: Also, is there a way to keep the sidebar ads from jumping down the page? They can also be quite eye-irritating.

[DEL]

Great work, Alex. I truly like the new menus.

Ooops, it seems that I cannot send you a private email. My fault, probably as since I'm using an Usb device to get online strange things happen to my browser. This was the message:

Ciao, Alex, and again my best wishes for the new year.

You've truly done a great work on the new layout. I will report any fault encountered, if any.

Ciao e grazie!

Was that message the only thing on the page? Or did it appear in a yellow box at the bottom of the page?

I'm glad that you like the changes.

Are you able to upvote fonts?

[DEL]

The usual page: the box – in white – in the upper side of the window and below your bookmarked fonts.

I can upvote. Great system, the one into which you can just promote a font. And that heart, ahhh!

how come when i click the A-Z tab nothing appears but a blank screen?

It was a bug. Thank you for letting me know.

Should be fixed now!

The quicker scrolling is much easier on my stomach and the ttf option for downloading is back! Thank you!

Constructive criticism is most welcome and is acted upon.

One thing confuses me though. You said "The quicker scrolling is much easier on my stomach". Do you mean "slower"? Because i slowed it down and made it smoother. Does it appear faster to you now?

Anything other ideas?

Personally I think the A-Z Menu doesn't work very well, even though I can understand the logic behind having the Letter A, Letter B etc in "reading" order. It's just too difficult to keep my eyes on the right row to make it even worth bothering. Am I the only one having this issue?

1 2 3 4

5 6 7 8

I would prefer it the list in the A-Z Menu looked like this.

1 3 5 7

2 4 6 8

As I think it would improve readability, or rather remove unnecessary headache.

I understand that it probably would be ideal to order things like that.

However, those columns are dynamic so if you make your window narrower or wider number of columns can change on the fly. With plain HTML it is not possible to make items flow in that way and have dynamic columns.

On the other hand, enough people have expressed their concerns about it for me to consider coming up with a solution.

Stay tuned.

Well done, Alex. I'm glad to contribute my thoughts in the making of this baby.Thank you for removing the "Uploaded by..." feature - I've got so many questions by people asking me for permissions on fonts that I don't won...now I guess you will be replying to them :) Another good thing is that categories are not invoked by a javascript, thus allowing you to Open a category in a new tab (impossible in th previous version). If I spot something else I will let you know.

We also had a discussion about Categories and their meaning and expression, but I see you choose to stick to the old situation.

Ah, that strikes me back - how do I see the fonts that haven't been associated with any category...can do some categorizing in my (yeah, right) spare time. Another great thing in the new designs is that it now shows FULL character sets, plus it allows you to select a character by its language script :) Kewl.

Still wondering how exactly do you choose which are "Similar Fonts" - quite random I think....

Have any of you seen the new MyFonts.com - DAMN FANTASTIC!!!

mumble ... the quote doesn't work.

anyway, @Ivan - Have any of you seen the new MyFonts.com - DAMN FANTASTIC!!!

Really? Really?

Hate it!

@koeiekat:mumble ... the quote doesn't work.

you're right. should work now

@Ivan Philipov:Ah, that strikes me back - how do I see the fonts that haven't been associated with any category...

Still wondering how exactly do you choose which are "Similar Fonts" - quite random I think....

Just added "Uncategorized" at the bottom of "Categories".

In this case, "Similar Fonts" is an abbreviation for "People who downloaded this font also downloaded these"

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing