Font Identification Request: Resolved
[DEL]

I keep on looking for it or a similar typeface. Sgrunt. I'm already starting to hate it.

Neither, the what is the Promotor.

[DEL]

It seems I cannot find it anywhere but in a collection by Elsner and Flake worth some hundreds Euros. I guess I'll deal with the cheaper and somewhat similar Craw Modern.

Thanks again, super Kat.

As you say, similar. But it can't even touch Henk Gianotten's Promotor, designed for Lettergieterij Amsterdam / Tetterode. Altough the rights were sold to Linotype it is not shown on their site. How and why Elsner&Flake can claim the copyright (1994!!! while the rights were sold to Linotype on October 1 2000!!) is a miracle to me.

How could you possibly hate it ...

[DEL]

Oh, no, I do not hate IT. I am hating the job on which I have to use it, and the people involved. Nasty persons, I'm almost shivering.

I can see the differences between the two, even if the Promotor is shown very small. Roundish, more 50s-ish, so elegant. Feminine, perhaps, I'd say.

I do not know how it's finished into E&F catalogue. Maybe they boght it from Linotype and that's why Promotor isn't anymore available there? Can't understand, though, why they do not sell it as a single font. It just doesn't make sense. And I have to take on the duties and keepe that people away from me as quick as possible ;^)

Can not have bought it from Linotype as Linotype only bought the rights from Tetterode in 2000.

By the way, the URW's Craw Modern was originally an ICG font (1992).

[DEL]

There must be some quantic space in your feline head. You know life and miracles of every type designer on Earth!

Well, LA is close at heart. I used to live almost around the corner of that famous foundry.

[DEL]

:^)

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing