In more cases we couldn't identifying a font maximality, cause the images submitted too small or blurring over.

A few bit treatment can be solve the problems are:

1. The best resource images is material scanned from any media with 300 pixels per inch resolution. And also 21 cm wide is good. If the font images from web source, please searching a big or medium sample images from the source. Crop the image just in the "font" which you want to submit, and changing the resolution to 300 px by Adobe photoshop or any software available.

2. Change the file to B/W. Take sharpening and editing the edges as much as it is needed.

3. Reducing resolution with image size button to 1000 pixels wide or high (choose the longest)

3. Save as with "safe for web" button (Photoshop)

4. Playing the measurement file by "low-medium-high" resolution with radio button until you get 100 pixel lower.

5. Apply save and get the result.

It can help the master font here to ease identifying the font or you can identify the font yourself by (for instance) www.myfonts.com :-)

Best regards

Thank you very much awmasry, very useful tutorial.

And I definitely like the image with the puking McCaine :^D

:-D

Just tips for supporting the request of font identify.

Thanks again Awmasry. A few additions to your tips;

- Size if of more importance than resolution.

- With smaller text size grayscale is better than B/W. This avoids ragged edges when resizing which avoids the need to blur, loosing detail.

- The bigger the better is true. Yet a 100 and up px letter size is sufficient. It is sharpness that is paramount.

- Save for web - in most situations - leads to save as jpg, often with too high a compression rate, blurring the image again. As text is graphics and not a photo there is no need for millions of colors. So it is much better to save in an uncompressed format like gif or png (portable network graphics).

Yep. It is great. !!!

Thank you in advance.

I hope these tips would be work more here :-)

my 2 cents: Save For Web does no evil if you save as 24-bit PNG :) Is there any way that we can have this tutorial in the Help (Q&A section). Alex?

@Ivan Philipov:Is there any way that we can have this tutorial in the Help (Q&A section). Alex?

Very good suggestion Ivan!

PS, I said "Save for web - in most situations - leads to save as jpg". As jpg is - in most cases - the default choice.

Yes, kkat :) And the problem with the font recognition requests is that often people are uploading the first crappy internet GIF they saw, without trying the simplest thing: try to search Google images for a BIGGER one. Or if you're taking a digital picture with your phone (preferably with your camera, but anyway) try AT LEAST to achieve the thing, called FOCUS :)

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing