Font Identification Request: Resolved

Hey guys,

My problem is that I have to know the font used in our sports club's logo.

Unfortunately nobody in our club knows the person who created this logo and my task is now to recreate it.

I think two types of typeface have been used... One in the middle and another one in the top and bottom of the logo.

Thanks in advance!

Hard to tell because of the curve, but I think the top and bottom are Nimbus Sans D Bold:

http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/urw/nimbus-sans/bold-2/

Thanks a lot!

Do you additionally know a free alternative font I could use?

That would be great.

Arial is, of course, not free, but I'm guessing that you already own it. Any other similar fonts that I've found are not free. Sorry.

Oh! Also, if you have it, Helvetica Black closer than Arial, but again, that isn't free.

okay.

One last guess about the bold font in the middle...?

Again - thank you so much for your research!

Oh, if only I knew. This is going to drive me crazy! :-)

I'll try to figure it out, but I've looked multiple places and haven't been able to find anything. Maybe one of the other members of the forum knows.

You're welcome! Glad I could help!

Hey Justin,

what do you feel about AG Old Face BQ as the font at the top and the bottom of the logo? I just found that one "accidentally" ;)

But I still have no idea what this font in the middle could be...

Damn it.

Kind regards

Well, it wouldn't be my first choice if you're looking for an exact match, but if you're OK with the way it looks, by all means, go ahead. However, here are some things to think about:

The regular is a little thinner and rounder than your original image:

http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/berthold/ag-old-face-bq/regular/

and the bold is too thick:

http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/berthold/ag-old-face-bq/bold/

The medium is close, but still no match to some of the oritinal shapes:

http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/berthold/ag-old-face-bq/medium/

Also, the ends of the C are angled instead of straight, and much closer together, and the leg of the R is straight instead of curved.

However, it's close enough that many people probably wouldn't notice too much of a difference, unless you had the two logos side by side. My best bet would still be the Nimbus.

I hope that helped a little. I'll continue to look for a match to the middle font.

Good luck! Also, I'd love to see a copy of what you finally come up with! If and when you're finished, could you post the final image here?

Okay :D

That was more than enough to convince me of your suggestion.

To be honest that's the first time I'm concerned with typography - and I definitively wouldn't have noticed these tiny differences you mentioned.

Please don't spend too much of your spare time looking for this bleeding font - it isn't that important.

But I'll continue phoning some people because there has to be somebody in our club who knows something about this logo or the person or agency or whatever that created it.

If I find out something be sure that I'll let you know.

Maybe "recreate" was the wrong word - all I do is vectorizing the image that it can be used for printing.

But I promise to post it if it's finished! :)

I'm glad I could be of service. I really do hope you find out something about the original creation of this logo. :-)

Considering the kerning of the top curve, I assume that this has been created long time ago, with some Mecanorma letters and it's not a digitized type. That's why it's virtually impossible to find a weight that matches perfectly.

Hey guys,

I just want to let you know that I got an answer from the agency that once created this logo.

They said that they used Helvetica for the top curve...

I told them about your assumption (Nimbus) and they said they don't have it or even couldn't work with this font as they work on Macs...

Anyway! I decided to use Helvetica for my version of the logo too.

One last thing I'm still busy with is the font in the middle because the lady i phoned with didn't know which font they used - and I still can't find an appropriate substitute :/

Now my very last request to you - don't you know any somewhat similar typeface I could use for these three bold letters in the middle?

The trouble, Sebastian, with that TGB is the G. A substitute for TB is easy enough but I (we, I may say) simply have not found the G. Redrawing is probably faster than keeping on searching.

Alright.

The only disadvantage is that I tried to find that font in order to use it for a new heading of our club's letters.

You know, I liked the idea of a common/shared identity for our club but now - as you just said what I have already been thinking about - I'll finally give up that idea and stop stretching your nerves ;)

Here is my final result as I promised to post it...

Again, thank you so much for your friendly help!

Kind regards!

and here goes version #2 ;-)

It's more similar to the original one because of the black outline I added below the 3 single parts which contain the text. We'll see what the other members of the board think about it and how they'll decide.

Looking for more fonts? Check out our New, Sans, Script, Handwriting fonts or Categories
abstract fontscontact usprivacy policyweb font generator
Processing