reply   forum
    need help identifying this font
    simone735
    Jul 30th, 2008 / quote / 205.188.*.1*
    uploaded image
    It's the word eureka that I am searching for the font for. If anyone can help, I would be most appreciative
    site moderator neogrey
    Jul 30th, 2008 / quote / 87.97.*.5*
    apropriately named typeface Sudtipos Chocolate Caliente
    simone735
    Jul 30th, 2008 / quote / 205.188.*.1*
    WOW, that was quick. Many, many thanks for the help! I have to say I didn't have much faith that anyone would respond. I am MOST impressed
    site moderator neogrey
    Jul 30th, 2008 / quote / 87.97.*.5*
    Susan, you're welcome. When a font ID request is constructed properly and the picture in question IS a font after all, you would probably get an answer here, approx. in 75% of cases. And it's great that you actually found some time to respond - most of the people are not bothering.

Welcome to the abstractfonts :)
    simone735
    Aug 23rd, 2008 / quote / 64.12.*.1*
    thanks Ivan for the identification of the eureka font. Do you know what the chocolates and gifts part is? I thought it was courier but don't think it is.
    site moderator neogrey
    Aug 23rd, 2008 / quote / 87.97.*.5*
    uploaded image
    Susan, while the tagline is tad small, I can only assume that it's some sort of Garamond or Bookman. But meanwhile I've searched the web and it turns out that Eureka! has a totally different typeface as a logo....why is that?

http://www.eureka-gifts.com/

PS. Horrible kerning on the new logo, by the way. You're right about Courier, but on the logo that I posted
    site moderator koeiekat
    Aug 24th, 2008 / quote / 83.33.*.1*
    The logo Ivan shows is the Lyonesse, 1995, David F. Nalle - Scriptorium. Manually made bold by adding some stroke width.
    @ Ivan, horrible kerning supposes that there is some form of kerning, true? Here it is worse, there is no kerning whatsoever: Lyonesse™ contains 77 glyphs and no standard kern pairs. :(
    site moderator neogrey
    Aug 24th, 2008 / quote / 87.97.*.5*
    kkat, you never cease to amaze me :) well, the fact that the font itself doesn't have any kerning doesn't frees the designer from the obligation to do some manual spacing...but maybe it's not a designer work, probably something done inhouse.
    site moderator koeiekat
    Aug 24th, 2008 / quote / 83.33.*.1*
    David Nalle ... he should know. The bearings on all glyphs are exactly at the right and the left, thus, without kerning pairs, the gaps ...
    simone735
    Aug 25th, 2008 / quote / 64.12.*.1*
    Hello everyone,

You're right, it is lyonesse on the web. The first web designer who started my site used what I now know is Sudtipos Chocolate caliente but then they left the company due to a family matter so someone else took over and they did not know what it was. Therefore, we had to switch but I have never really liked Lyonesse as well as Sudtipos Chocolate Caliente. Thank you to all of you for your help. This is a very cool forum. I wish I knew as much as you guys do.

-Susan

Register and/or login to access this feature.

Login

Email
    Password
      Forgot password?